9 Replies Latest reply: Mar 23, 2010 8:25 AM by anadyr RSS

Rollover status

kahunapremier Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Marriott has started something with this Rollover status. Now, Delta has just introduced the same concept for its 2010 Medallion level travelers.

Rollover Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs): It's an airline first—any MQMs you've earned above your Medallion qualification level at the end of the year will rollover to your MQM balance for the following year. There's no limit.

Round of applause for Marriott changing the entire travel industry and causing others to take notice!!

Feb 2010 - Ed French, Senior VP for Marriott Rewards just annouced that Elite Rollover is back: start earning 2011 status this year!

-- Edited by KahunaPremier at 03/04/2010 8:17 AM EST

• Re: Rollover status
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
    Let's hope it continues to next year and the years thereafter!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum
    Agreed.  Kudos to Marriott on Elite Rollover Nights.  Do it again, Marriott with MEGA Elite Rollover Nights!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

How about targeted Elite rollovers?  Momentum awards if you will that recognize the longevity of the Elite member and their stay history over a longer period of tine--perhaps 5 years instead of one year.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

This has been very motivational for me!

Thanks for 25+ years of fun!

travelguy Platinum

I sent an email to Marriott telling them about Delta's rollover and more importantly the Diamond level they created for the extensive traveler.  I suggested to Marriott that another level might be in order to reward those who use only Marriott.  There is a big differnce between the traveler who spends 75 night and the one who is a loyal customer at 200+ nights.  All I got was a form letter telling me about the Premier Platinum, which means nothing. 

I'm now contemplating only staying my 75 nights with Marriott and work on my Platinum levels at Hilton and Starwood hotels.  If there is no incentive for real loyalty, then there's no reason to put all my eggs in one basket.

Dear Travelguy:

I was able to get them (and several other chains) to comp me into Platnum/Diamond or Equivalent Level by proving to them that I am a Platinum Premier member at Marriott.  It is a one time, one year benefit, but you can savor their hotels at the highest level without needing to earn the nights to do it.  Just email them at their customer service email address and ask the question about comparability of program elite levels.

whistler Platinum

I agree with "Travel guy".  There needs to be another level other than Platinum elite.  There is a big difference in the loyality of a person that stays 75 nights vs 150-200 but Marriott does not understand that and does nothing to keep you loyal.  Yes, there is Platinum Premier but try to find the qualifications on Marriot's web site.  You can't because it is not there.  I have asked Marriott employees and no one seems to know exactly what it takes to qualify.  I have been told it is the top 3% Marriott nights stayed, I have been told that 150 nights is the magic number and that a revenue generated to Marriott is also a consideration. 

tjcnewyork Platinum

Kahuna

Thanks for the recent update.  See What's New Elite Rollover is Back for 2010 about the announcement and Insiders comments.

VOTE! for the brand that has the best loyalty program and join the conversation.

Imitation is the sion sincerest form of flattery.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...