7 Replies Latest reply: May 14, 2015 9:25 AM by newhiltonmembr RSS

Pet Unfriendly at Residence Inn - Moline, Illinois

fngr07 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We stay frequently in the Quad-Cities to visit family and tried the Residence Inn in Moline, Illinois this time.  A key factor in choosing the hotel was they are "pet friendly", but were surprised to be charged a $75 pet cleaning charge after only one night at the hotel (not mentioned at check-out, learned via the emailed bill) .  I went back to their web site and they correctly mention that you will be charged a non-refundable $75 cleaning charge, so they got that right.  I've never been charged for this at a Marriott "pet friendly" hotel, so the charge was a surprise.  Our pet is very clean so normal vacuuming would have been the only cleaning required after our trip.  It's pretty unlikely we would ever stay here again - the charge really stung.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Moline, Illinois, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Moline Quad Cities
  • Re: Pet Unfriendly at Residence Inn - Moline, Illinois
    Jsucool76 Gold

I've never been to a pet friendly marriott family hotel that DIDN'T charge a pet sanitation fee. They're all listed on the websites, under "Room details" on the right hand side.

Screenshot 2015-05-12 at 2.08.31 PM.png

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

rb84 Platinum

sorry that got you by surprise. I've never been to an RI that didn't charge a fee...and $75 is lower than many fees. A one or two night stay is difficult to justify. Now, about the fee. In San Diego I observed a turn-over of a dog friendly room. It was taken out of service and the carpets were professionally cleaned. Now, they may not do that every time....but, I sure hope the rooms are cleaned more throughly after a pet guest. If they are, then a fee is realistic. I'm afraid without special cleaning a room would begin to show excessive wear and dirt. I'm not sure how a front desk would be able to wave the fee for "clean" dogs...or how housekeeping could avoid extra cleaning If they heard your dog was clean.

gopadres Platinum

As someone who travels with their dog on occasion, it would be nice to have a reduced pet fee for elite members.   The fee is really just half of it for me, since most of the time only Residence Inns or Towneplace Suites are available as pet-friendly, I also get lose out on Marriott points accumulation.  Boo.

rb84 Platinum

Tell me about it....RI has Marriott points cut in half! A whole topic. I don't understand it. Perhaps if you have a super long term rate then they could try to justify it, but for regular rate....I'll never understand. The Hilton joke was good!

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Anyone wanting a hotel for dogs should stay at Hilton!

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

Many people are allergic to pet hair, dander, etc.  Others, like me, are just clean freaks and don't want to see anyone's hair in a room whether it be on the floor, on the bed, on the chair/sofa, etc.... it being human or pet hair.  Then, there is also the lingering smell of many pets in a room (not necessarily yours).  Again, something I will not accept in any hotel room.

i think the fee is perfectly reasonable.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...