2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 24, 2009 8:03 PM by nuhusker RSS

Visit Washington DC

luv2travl Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We returned a few weeks ago from spending the July 4th weekend in Washington DC. We had a great time and the Renaissance Mayflower was as wonderful as I had remembered it. Having booked a great rate at least a month ago with the 20% off rate, I was just thrilled to have Mary Jane at the front desk be very cognizant of the benefits of being a Platinum member. I had already asked for a complimentary upgrade when I rechecked the reservation, but not only was there no hassle, she actually went out of her way to give us a one bedroom suite. It was perfect and allowed us to really relax in the room between all of the special events and of course the fireworks over the Washington Monument.

If you don’t mind crowds and if you have never done that, it is a spectacular experience! And there is still time to take in all that Washington DC offers. It is a great place to visit…. and especially with kids of all ages.   I think once in everyone’s life you should gaze in awe at the Declaration of independence in the National Archives, see sports memorabilia at the Museum of American History, run your hand across the names on the Vietnam Memorial, and visit the Capitol Building and learn how our laws are made. 

There are many great Marriott hotels to choose from that are close to everything!

• Re: Visit Washington DC
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

luv2travel,

Thanks for sharing this information!

The Mayflower really sounds like a great way to spend your time in DC! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Visit Washington DC
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
    Ditto luv...DC is a great destination for the entire family and not only are air fares reasonable right now, but Marriott rates at many properties are super all the way thru the end of the year.  BTW...thank you for your mention of the Vietnam Wall Memorial.  All the best in your future travels.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...