7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 13, 2009 4:55 PM by nuhusker RSS

Ft Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach and Resort

skinsrus Member
Currently Being Moderated

Anyone stayed at this Marriott and is getting around as difficult as I have been reading?

• Re: Ft Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach and Resort
    platinumstar Platinum 3 Reviews
    I've stayed there many times and will do so again in Sept. What exactly do you mean about not being able to get around?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

Several Insiders have posted positive reviews about the Marriott Harbor Beach in Fort Lauderdale. There are exceptions, but the reviews on TripAdvisor.com are also very positive.

See

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

diogenes72 Platinum 1 Reviews

There has just recently been a remodel at the Marriott Harbor Beach, and my ocean view room was pleasant, but musty smelling.  The "designer chef" restaurant was exceptional.  The most troubling thing to me was too many people in too small a space: I left after one night and move to the Renaissance Port Paradise, just on the other side of the waterway from Harbor Beach.  It too had just been remodeled, and I was able to secure an upgrade to a very nice jr suite; I was very comfortable there.

railguy Platinum 1 Reviews

I was supposed to stay at the Resort the last week of July for a family vacation. It was a very bad expierience. The construction made it so that there were limited places to eat outside. The pool area was loud, and had foul smelling tralors for bathrooms. We checked out of this hotel the same day we arrived. I love Marriott, but this is a very poor property. It does not deserve the high level designation it has.

platinumstar Platinum 3 Reviews

Oh dear, it sounds like you had a rough time or you wouldnt have checked out on the first day. I am due to stay there at the end of Sept and now concerned. Has anyone else been there since the building work around the pool has started?

I have to say that I've been staying at the Marriott Harbor Beach for over 20 years and its usually very good. In the last few years, the management have decided to play loud music around the pool which i do not like. If i want to listen to music i will do so on my ipod with the kind of music that suits me. When you go round the pool at 8am its lovely and quiet, then bang - on comes the music. The mgt always say they have positive feedback, well im sorry thats bull....t. Everyone Ive ever spoken to has not enjoyed it. So, why am i going back? Well i take myself off to the spa pool (for a fee) where its much more relaxing. BUT............I am aware that the hotel are demolishing Cascades outdoor restaurant to be replaced with a new restaurant and that also applies to the 24 hour gym, locker rooms and shop. I just hope that all the demolition work has been completed by the time I get there and its not noisy with building. I understand that renovations have to be made and they are usually for the better and there is always some kind of inconvenience for a while. So we will see. IF i stay there next month i will report back.

llebeaux Platinum 3 Reviews

I just visited there July 5th-8th. I visited there last year for the 1st time during Memorial day weekend & because we had such a great time, a perfect room, w/an unbeliveable view, we went back. As far as the construction, yes, there are certain areas you cannot access near the pool (last year, they had a live band, bar area & able to order food service by the pool, this year, that was not available) but none were of an inconvience to us (4 ladies traveling for a girls weekend). We did not use the pool much because the beach/water is so beautiful, We sat on the beach every day, all day!!  They gave us coupons for a free in room movie (didn't use) & free umbrellas. The people who put up the umbrellas up by the beach, asked how long we were going to be there & told us to keep them until the last day! We got free umbrellas every day!!  We needed them, it was HOT! :) :) We ordered lunch on the beach & drinks, so eating by the pool was not that big a deal for us. We knew before hand about the construction. Check in was no problem, parking is also not a problem. 2 of us ordered room service one night, excellent! Our view was not direct ocean view, even though it was offered, the check-in rep suggested a ocean/pool view to cut down on the noise. We head nothing, although by 9a, were gone all day, but we didn't go there to sit in the room! We were able to go downstairs the night before to print our boarding passes, able to get Starbucks coffee in the lobby in the am and move around freely. I guess most of the inconveince is near the pool area. We had a great time & plan to return next year! PS: the ages of the people traveling were from 30-40 yrs old, also, for dinner, we drove to Miami about 30 min away, so this was a perfect location for us!! :) Can't wait to return!!

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Now that's what a vacation is all about. Thanks for the post and glad you had a great time.  Harbor Beach is one of our favorites too.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...