2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 12, 2009 11:50 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

Which MVCI in Hilton Head?

surfclubber Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

My husband and I are in our late 20's and are looking to trade our Aruba timeshare for Hilton Head next year since we've used it in Aruba for the past several years and want to try somewhere new. There are several MVCI resorts in Hilton Head. Which one would you recommend to stay at (preferable on the beach)?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Which MVCI in Hilton Head?
    superchief1 Platinum

I suggest you check out the Marriott section of the Timeshare User Group. This website was suggested to me by Marriott Vacation Club Guest Services, and I have found it to be very helpful. You can logon as a guest or join for $15 per year. Members can access the resort review section. 

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Which MVCI in Hilton Head?
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Marriott Vacation Club has no less than 8 resorts on Hilton Head Island.  Grande Ocean and Surfwatch are among the larger resorts on the ocean.

As a starting point, consider comparing the villas layouts to what you're familiar with.  Also, consider the amenities, as each resort varies. Hilton Head resorts typically enjoy high owner occupancy especially during summer months.

It's also worthy to note that smoking policies vary by resort on HHI.  For example, Heritage Club is a 100% smoke-free resort. Smoking is prohibited within the villas, on the balconies and throughout the resort including the pooldeck. 

Some HHI resorts permit smoking on the balconies/patios as well as common areas including the pooldeck. Several Insiders have reported less than positive experiences.  If a smoke-free environment is what you prefer, best to inquire upfront rather than be disappointed.  For easy reference, here are the URLs for the resorts:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...