2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 11, 2009 2:28 PM by egw019 RSS

Disappointed in Williamsburg Marriott

alann77 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We are loyal Platinum Marriott members and choose places to go based on what Marriotts are available.  We decided to take our kids and grand children to Williamsburg for a few days.  We researched all the available Marriotts and decided to stay at the full service Marriott, due to location.

We were so disappointed to see the lack of attention to the inside and outside of the hotel.  The outside looked old and worn and junky in the back parking lot.  The inside (except for the lobby) was old and outdated.  The rooms had old furniture and even our door would get stuck each time we tried to open it.  When we commented to the front desk about the door, they said to try opening it by pulling up. Evidently the handles had been installed upside down.

I will say the staff were helpful and kind.  I hope that Marriott will give some attention to the Williamsburg Marriott as this is a big family destination.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Disappointed in Williamsburg Marriott
    tjcnewyork Platinum

We're planning a trip to Williamsburg in late September and have crossed this one off the list. Oddly, the items you touch upon are consistent with the themes expressed on TripAdvisor i.e. friendly staff, poor condition of room and furnishings.  One reviewer mentions a commercial drop ceiling in their room. Ugh-what a turn-off.  Who knows what is behind that? 

Some Insiders think TripAdvisor is a mixed bag but when a Platinum Elite review lines-up with TripAdvisor, there is little room for doubt in my mind. As Platinum Elite and a loyal Marriott guest, consider reporting your experience to Customer.Care@Marriott.com.   Your experience with the door being stuck is alarming.  I hope you're referring to a closet door or bathroom door and not the entrance door to the room.  If it is the entrance door, consider letting corporate know if you had concerns about security or the sense of feeling trapped.  

If it were my family, I would not tolerate the conditions you report from a Category 5 hotel under the Marriott brand.  I would request a refund plus additional compensation and be persistent until satisfied.  As a Platinum Elite, the Front Desk Manager should have upgraded you and your family to the best rooms in the hotel. Shame on the Williamsburg Marriott.

When you write to Customer.Care@Marriott.com, the Subject line should say, "Disappointing Stay @ Williamsburg Marriott Confirmation#12345678.  In the body of the e-mail, describe your expectations and the conditions experienced.  Name who you spoke with and when stating the outcomes/or lack of.

Conclude with, "because the Williamsburg Marriott failed to deliver upon the Marriott promise we feel that we deserve a complete refund."

Customer Care will confirm via email and give you a tracking number.  Typically, they will escalate to the executive office of the hotel who is responsible for resolving the matter.  You can be proactive and contact Customer Care at the number given in the e-mail confirmation.  They are excellent and responsive.

Let us know your progress.  

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Disappointed in Williamsburg Marriott
    egw019 Platinum
    your first mistake was to stay anywere other than in the village of williamsberg. we use to go there a lot for long weekends. a short flight fron NY. we would always stai IN THE VILLAGE. they have a tavern package were you can stay in one of the buildings within the village. either in one of the taverns or one we stayed in a two story house right next to the parade grounds. you wake up in the village,no cars just the costumed perpole of town. a house ot two mabu but you are part of the experance. ne class 5 hotels for me hare.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...