2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 11, 2009 2:18 PM by egw019 RSS

Extending Business Travel For Leisure

tjcnewyork Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

According to a Harris Interactive poll quoted by the CMO Council’s New Customer Experience Board*, "Eighty percent of consumers will never go back to an organization after a negative experience".  Given the 80/20 rule that 80% of your business comes from 20% of your customers, guests staying with Marriott on business are more than likely to factor into the 20%. 

Connecting the dots, it's no surprise that a whopping 88% of the respondents to the Insiders poll respond affirmatively to the question about extending business travel for leisure.  More than a month has elapsed since the Global Rate Break promotion ended offering 20% reduced rates on standard rooms Thursday through Sunday.  Yet, as the graph below shows, the 88% remains constant.      

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp50/TOWNHOUSEMEDIA/88extendbusiness4leisure-8.jpg

What about combining Global Rate Break and Elite Rollover plus Double Nights and Megabonus into a Global Megabonus as a platform to reach out via e-mail to all Marriott Rewards members as a 'Thank you' for continued loyalty to Marriott?  Not only will this drive business but also drive membership in Marriott Rewards. 

For example, make it really simple to qualify for Global Megabonus with a minimum of one night.  This will generate leads to upsell with other offerings including the Marriott Visa and timeshare.  One objective is retain the high percentage of loyal members and invite more of their business as well as to provide an opportunity for disappointed members to give Marriott another chance while reaching out to new members.

I'm quite confident that the Global Rate Break contributed to the 100% occupancy at JW Desert Springs and Desert Springs Villas I and II over the July 4th holiday weekend.  Even then, these properties had to turn away walk-ins.  Why not aim for 100% occupancy every weekend?  Make it easy, Marriott.  Does anyone agree? 

* CMO Council

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Extending Business Travel For Leisure
    mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

There is definite truth to this. Eight years ago I took a cruise on NCL and didn't have the best time, mostly because the buffet area was very small and crowded and the overall appearance of the ship wasn't great.

From that day I never took another NCL cruise although I have taken a dozen since, mostly on Royal Caribbean and Holland America (courtesy of Marriott).

I know that NCL is a good line and has new ships, but I can't seem to shake that one bad experience. One day I will board them again and know I'll really like it. The hardest part is taking the first step.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Extending Business Travel For Leisure
    egw019 Platinum
    we took a Ncl cruise arounf Hawaii, what a chulp change operation. beside charging for every coke they put a 15% service fee on my wifes $200 massage that is above the tip she left.They should be happy we spent money at one of there vendors without putting there hand in my pocket every chance they got. To add insult to injury no corned beef and cabage on Mar 17th. NEVER AGAIN will I steo foot on NCL>

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...