0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 1, 2010 12:52 PM by eocmooyall RSS

JW Marriott Ihilani - O'ahu is FABULOUS!!

eocmooyall Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Greetings All.

I just returned from a week at the JW Ihilani Resort and Golf Course/spa at Ko Olina in O'ahu and it was amazing!  The staff was wonderful (as I arrived sick and in some serious discomfort) and very attentive.  the location is gorgeous even though it is about a 30 minute drive to Waikiki.  However, if you want a tropical holiday location with the close proximity to big city and attractions (Waikiki, Diamond Head, Pearl Harbor, etc.) then this is the resort for you.  there is a full service spa located in a separate building on property (go and play in it... a LOT!), a full service golf course on property, and easy access to it's own marina (for cataman sails) and Paradise Cove for luau's.

There is a Hertz rental car desk on property and it's easily accessible to the entire island, and i drove the entire island so i can testify to this. it's not a huge property so you don't feel lost, but the way it's laid out, it feels like you are alone and have privacy.  between the beaches (where they shoot the TV show LOST), the pools, the views and vistas (only 37 rooms don't have ocean views), it gives the feel of a deserted island.

I was upgraded to a Junior suite and there was nothing junior about it!  if you go?  get the bigger room, it is WORTH it! if you don't want to go bigger? make sure you are in an ocean view room on floor 14 or higher. you will be treated to views due west each day and have a private view of the most colorful sunsets everynight.  i included a picture in this post.  breathtaking.  the balcony or "lanais" have a recliner and table for two with cushions.  have your breakfast and tea on your own isolated balcony (because the way it's laid out, you don't see your neighbors) I did and it was a fantastic way to start each day.  Also, the louvered doors to the lanai also have a set of screen doors.  i fell asleep each night to the sound of the pacific just outside my doors.  fabulous!

The food is excellent and service is impeccable.  When i arrived and requested chicken soup (not on the menu) they created a special for me that eased my poor throat and tempted my peckish appetite.  everything i had on site, from fresh fruit to appetizers to the soup was carefully and beautifully prepared and presented.

The staff is ready to meet you every need and the concierge desk was helpful in guiding me to attractions i wanted to attend (Pearl Harbor's USS Arizona memorial) with the most complete information and advice (translation: arrive early and don't take bags with you because you can't take them to the Memorial).

this is the hotel they usually use for the NFL Pro Bowl (with the exception of next year when it moves to Miami, Fl). I know i'll be making plans to be there! :-)

All in all, as my first trip to Hawaii? i didn't feel uncomfortable at all being a single female traveler, on her own.  The staff of the Ihilani treated me as if i was family and welcomed me warmly each day. For me as a single traveling alone? it was the best choice of island, the best location to stay, and the best experience i've had in a Marriott property.

Bravo and Mahalo! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...