1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 6, 2010 10:49 PM by diannag RSS

St. Kitts Marriott - Wonderful!

lovinglife Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I just returned from 7 days at the St. Kitts Marriott and I must say it was wonderful.  Before you get there, note that the locals are on "island time" with nothing being time-sensitive.  However, if you're there, you're likely on vacation, so that's how it should be.

While this isn't the best Marriott property in the chain, I was quite impressed with the facilities and location and definetely had no complaints.  I was quite happy with the trip and will plan to return.  We stayed in the main hotel, rather than the seperate building (vacation club).  Just a nice standard room, but balcony and nice appointments did it great.  The hotel beach is wonderful and had great protection from the surf to easly snorkle.  Ample fish, some coral, and even saw a barracuda in 4 feet of water (don't worry, he was friendly enough)  The kids and wife absolutely loved the large pool -- we had so much fun in the main pool, we never made it to the other 2.  The swim up bar is terrific and there was definitely no skimping on the contents.

The "all inclusive" option offerred here by Marriott was the way to go.  The hotel food is on the pricey side (typical for hotel meals), so the all inclusive option handled it all.  Just charge it to the room and they take care of it.  The kids had endless smoothies and we had more than our share of adult beverages.  We racked up one heck of a bill, which was wiped clean (they even took care of the 10% tips which are auto added to each purchase).  The only thing I paid for was the additional tips I had added to the meal/food checks.

Again, the staff were great, the location is awesome, and we plan to go again.  I just hope Marriott offers the all inclusive for my next run.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Frigate Bay, Saint Kitts
  • Re: St. Kitts Marriott - Wonderful!
    diannag Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

We are planning on using the All-Inclusive as well later this summer.  Were there any surprises that you thought were included, but were not.  Per the Rewards Desk, the all-inclusive award varies by hotel which means that some hotels may honor certain things, but not others.  Do you know if kids club, room service, non-motorized sports, tennis courts, golf is included?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...