3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 3, 2009 4:39 PM by mikiegfla RSS

RenaissanceChancery Court

okorganist Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We will be staying a week using points at the Chancery Court, we stayed a few years ago for two nights paying .We are wondering will we have access to the Executive Lounge as we do here in the states when we use points and any one with experience with this property please respond.  The first two nights and the last night of our trip we will be staying at Heathrow  paying thinking of the Renaissance or Marriott appreciate any feed back and thank you.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: RenaissanceChancery Court
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

okorganist,

Chancery Court sounds nice, but my experience is, you are a long way from anything if you stay at Heathrow.  It is not easy as it sounds to get to Heathrow and take the tube.

I actually think it is just as easy to go from a London Hotel to the airport and keep away from the Heathrow hotels.  One more thing, be very careful with your bags, valuables, and yourself in the Heathrow area.  I really would spend as little time there as possible, even paying extra for the airport VIP lounge.

Good luck! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

platinumstar Platinum 3 Reviews

The Renaissance at Heathrow looks nice on the surface, ie; the lobby has been spruced up and made to look retro-trendy, but the rooms have not been touched or the executive lounge, which are tired and dated and the rooms are VERY small (dont take your cat, you wont be able to swing it!). I got a good offer there recently and stayed in one of their 6 suites and although still a bit dated in decor, there was so much more room with a large seperate sitting room, huge bathroom and large bedroom. The health club has been updated but there is no swimming pool, just sauna and steam room. If you like looking at planes, the executive lounge has fantastic runway views.

The Marriott at Heathrow in comparison to the Renaissance is much better and modern, but it is also usually more expensive. However, the rooms are a bit bigger and they were recently renovated. There is a also a nice size swimming pool and a sauna and steam room and gym. The executive lounge is nice but has no windows. Both the Marriott and the Renaissance are on the same road and within a 5 minute walk of each other. In between them there is a large McDonalds.

Staying at Heathrow can be cheap (or cheaper) than in town, but both hotels are a 10 minute bus ride from the Underground Station and once on the subway, it takes about 50 minuts to get into central london. So its not really ideal for sightseeing unless you are going to leave early and spend the whole day in town, but then you have the long journey back. If you are going to be in London at the weekends, the Marriott West India Quay (Canary Wharf) usually has some great rates, and is a modern and comfortable hotel with a great executive lounge. There are loads of shops on the doorstep as well as restaurants and a large multiplex cinema over the road and is just 20 minutes into central london on the Jubilee line

As for the Renaissance Chancery Court, I've stayed there and its a lovely property. My only gripe is having to pay to use the health spa (which is really really nice, but expensive).

So stay at Heathrow but apart from looking at planes, theres noty much else to do. The choice is yours! Enjoy.

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

To answer your first question, Gold or Platinum members are always given access to the lounge regardless if paying or using points.

I had stayed at the Heathrow Marriott and loved it. After staying a few days at the Park Lane Marriott with their tiny rooms, the huge room at the Heathrow Marriott was welcome. The hotel itself is very nice but the ground floor Concierge Lounge is just so-so. Also be aware that you will need to pay to get to the airport from the hotel, since none of the airport hotels are permitted to run their own shuttles. You can either take a taxi (expensive) or take the Hoppa-Bus, which will pick you up at the door. You can pay for the bus (I think 8 pounds) at the front desk to save time.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...