6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 31, 2010 3:30 PM by cheriooo RSS

Great restaurants near NYC Marriott Marquis

hofoleisureguy Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Thai, or italian recommendations needed.

• Re: Great restaurants near NYC Marriott Marquis
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Roberto Passon is a very cheap (by NYC standards) Italian Venetian restaurant about two blocks away from the back of the hotel on 9th avenue at 50th I think. 742 Ninth is the actiual address and their phone number is 212.585.5599.  I gave them a good review in the 09 Zagat Guide to NYC.  Good service, small place (reserve or go early) and excellent wine list.

Prices range from 17 to 29 dollars for dinner and there is a fixed price menu at lunch as well as ala carte choices.

Portions are ample, food well prepared and tables spaced nicely.

You will enjoy it. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Just south of Times Square, and an easy block walk is Duke's!

We eat breakfast there every day in New York, when at the Marriott, REN, or TS Courtyard.

It is just like a Panera Bread Co. only with NY charm.  The prices are very low and it is a fun place for all!

For a great inexpensive lunch or dinner, just behind the JW is Barrymore's!  Very reasonable and very good.  Each time I have had lunch there the help has given me free tickets to a Matinee!  I never liked one of the plays, but would have bought a ticket to see a play I did not like anyway.

Have FUN! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

See Re: New York City Restaurants and check out Carmine's for Italian.

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

Italian:

Puttanesca, 859 9th Ave (@56th St.), 212-581-4177

Roberto Passon, 741 9th Ave @50th St., 212-582-5599

Scarlotto, 250 W47th (between Broadway and 8th), 212-730-4535

Thai:   Love it but haven't eaten it in the city for a long time... eat it too much during the week at my client site!  ;-)   Here is a link to Midtown West Thai restaurants with reviews:

http://www.menupages.com/restaurants/midtown-west/all-neighborhoods/thai/

egw019 Platinum
    i lived and workes in nyc for 30years. many great restraunts in town. when i go back i eat in Bullatos on houstan between Mott and Mulbury. try there back room. while you eat you will think you are in a godfather movie.

cheriooo Platinum

Junior's right outside of the Marquis is great place for a meal.  We have eaten there for breakfast and lunch.  Pricey but very good.  Cheese cake is outstanding.

Ruby Foo's is a great place up broadway around 52nd  st.  Chineese fusion, sushi.  Go there at least once every time in NYC

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...