3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 30, 2009 5:01 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

Niagara Falls View

nyishome2 Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated
Any feedback or recommendations about Niagara Fall Marriott.  I am a Platinum member, spending a family trip there...will I be diappointed? 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Niagara Falls View
    platinumstar Platinum 3 Reviews
    I've stayed at the Marriott Falls View twice. The first time was ok but they tried very hard at check-in to offer paid upgrades but not to me as a Platinum member which i was not very happy about and complained but told they were to busy to upgrade (unless i paid). I wrote to the management when I got home and got some points credited. However, when I went there earlier this year I booked a falls view suite which happened to be on a good rate and it was excellent. It was listed as a 2 bedroom suite but was actually 2 adjoining rooms, one overlooking the falls and one overlooking the rear of the property (avoid this!). The view from the falls side is spectacular. Breakfast was a bit of a nightmare and there were long lines and quite a wait to be seated, but the buffett breakfast was plentiful and and good. I would definately go back there again.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lorirobert Platinum

I agree with the other post, the view at the Fallsview Marriott is spectacular, the room was really beautiful, and the staff seemed to be friendly.  The breakfast was a nightmare though, long lines, no tables, and the food line was right beside the kitchen entrance.  The food was good, but it was total chaos!  This must happen often.  You should try the Courtyard Marriott, it does not have a fallsview, but is still close (right beside the Skylon Tower) and the breakfast is FANTASTIC!  We go there often, and it is always consistent without the chaos, and we have been upgraded free of charge to a 2 room family suite at times.  Nice pool, lobby, etc.  Have fun and good luck!

Update: July 17, 2009- just came back from a quick 2 day trip to Niagara Falls- the Courtyard Marriott on the Canadian side was again very nice!

tjcnewyork Platinum

I took my family to the Marriott Niagara Fallsview in August 2001 and again in August 2006.  We had a blast.  Both times the highlights of the trip were the breathtaking views from our junior suite, the Maid of the Mist boat trip and sightseeing at nearby Niagara-on-the-Lake. 

While I do remember long lines, the wait time was short.  Considering the number of tourists wanting to dine with a view overlooking the falls, the Marriott staff did a fantastic job of making sure everyone was on-schedule.  Don't take my word as final, checkout, Tripadvisor.com and have a blast!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...