1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 29, 2009 5:34 PM by rogdude RSS

Cancun in August, is it safe?

traveler2 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated
We went to the JW last August and had the most wonderful vacation.  We want to repeat it again this year.  Wondering, with all the bad news coming out of Mexico is it safe to travel there? Any concerns or tips?  Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Cancun in August, is it safe?
    rogdude Gold 1 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated
    We were in Cancun last summer also. I think it is very safe.  The drug business (if that is what you are referring to) should not be a problem on that part of the coastal area.  If you are referring to the H1N1 flu epidemic, the CDC lifted their travel warning for Mexico back in the middle of May (I am a provider for an international travel medicine clinic). This flu is spreading quickly across the US now, and Mexico would not present much greater risk to you than just staying home in the US at this point.  It is doubtful that the vaccine will be ready prior to your trip, but if it did just happen to make it out before you leave, I would definitively recommend getting it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...