7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 26, 2009 8:56 PM by nuhusker RSS

How Long does it take for half-n-half to go bad

stevendcollins Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

So there I am..up at 2:30 - rip and raring to go with my euro con. call. 

Fire up the room coffee machine...thinking..not the best, but it'll do...some cream and sugar and life's good...

crack that crazy tablespoon container of half-n-half and pour it in...poof...comes out in clumps in my coffee...coffee and sugar ruined...no more sugar, no more coffee, no more chunky cream...

One would think there'd be some kind of process to check this stuff....I know it's a low risk item and a lot of work...but...it's 2;30 and I'm dying for a cup of coffee and everything is closed here...

• Re: How Long does it take for half-n-half to go bad
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Great post--I have looked at those little triangular cardboard boxes that come with the coffee and wondered what the shelf life was for that half and half myself.

In past times at Ritz and Renaissance, especially the resorts, the housekeeping staff could visit the room at least three times per day to refresh the creamers.  Alas, those days, like dollar a gallon gasoline, are long gone.

But the point is that we have a potentially dangerous liquid in the rooms, one that we take for granted, and it needs to be changed.  Plenty of synthetics out there that last forever without refrigeration, I guess. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

A Platinum Elite reservations agent gave a really good tip.  In your profile, ask for a small refrigerator be placed in your room.  Take it further and request that certain items be stocked - bottled water, dairy, whatever.

Many travelers with specific regimes, diets and/or prescription meds require items to be refrigerated. Calling prior to arrival ensures that special requests like a refrigerator is ready at check-in.  If it's not, At Your Service is all to happy to cooperate.  (Letting the Front Desk know in advance is key)

Towneplace, Courtyard, Fairfield Inn, SpringHill Suites and Residence Inn properties are migrating to a 24/7 Marketplace Express feature.  Since presentation and product availability varies, call in advance to see if the items you prefer are stocked.  Before going up to the room, pick up the items you might need to make those 2 am conference calls a success!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
    The fridge in the profile works like a charm for me.  Almost always there when I arrive, and if not, a quick and painless call downstairs, and it appears quickly.  The same call most likely would have produced another packet of coffee, cream, etc, regardless of time of day/night. 

FYI...instaneous posting of the above comment.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I have the refrigerator in the profile but the actual stay is a hit and miss thing.  I get it when I ask most times, but there may be a cost involved.  I would hope that the profile would be observed 100% of the time, but not yet.

tjcnewyork Platinum

"but there may be a cost involved"

Regrets to hear that.  If a hotel cannot accomodate my request, I'll rebook elsewhere.  

SS -- I hope that you will identify the hotels that want to charge you for a fridge in your room so I'll make sure I avoid those properties.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...