3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 29, 2009 8:41 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

Fantastic Farmington

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Have just had my faith in the Marriott Concierge Lounge food restored with a first ever visit to the Marriott Farmington CT, just outside Hartford.  The food was varied, the selection excellent, the amounts copious, and--well, a treat!

The Concierge, thinking we were staying the weekend offered a free full restaurant breakfast for us both weekend days when the lounge was closed. 

If this can be done within the established standards I hope that it can be done by other hotels, especially those such as the Marquis in NYC, which is struggling with the "Brand Standard" approach to Lounge food.

One downer--the a/c seemed ineffective, but that is a small point compared to all the pluses. 

Here's to Farmington CT--A Marriott with a great attitude and a wonderful Concierge Lounge 

• Re: Fantastic Farmington
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Stepping,

Great to know!  Will be in the area this Fall and will check it out.  I guess I won't be at the Red Roof Inn, In Farmington after this!

Thanks! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

This hotel is a franchise and the owner is columbia sussex corporation, a company that feels the customer is first!  Great location, free parking, inside for Consierge Floor folks, big lounge, comfy rooms.

A must for Hartford and the local area--glad that it helped. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

The Farmington property took a beating on TripAdvisor, so it came off the radar. Issues include dated look, service delivery and high rates.  The Marriott Rocky Hill is nearby, more convenient to the interstate and offers competitive rates.

Consider posting your remarks on TripAdvisor, conditions do change and it sounds like Farmington deserves a turnaround.  We're in the Hartford Connecticut area all the time and will definitely check the Farmington out soon.  Thanks for the tip.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...