0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 1, 2010 12:53 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

Say "Twitter" at the Front Desk

tjcnewyork Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Say "http://static.twitter.com/images/twitter_logo.png" at the Front Desk

A story about JetBlue using Twitter to monitor customer service issues caught my attention recently.  Unlike Marriott Rewards Insiders, Twitter is a 'real time' social messaging platform. The service is free.  Users post 'tweets' which are short messages in response to the question, "What are you doing?"  As the company, Twitter Inc. seeks ways to monetize the service,  they're running commercials about plans to launch Twitter Magazine.  

What's really interesting is how Marriott Rewards and Hilton Honors among others are using this platform to generate positive buzz about their respective brands and drive revenue.  A couple of weeks ago, the Pittsburgh Hampton Suites posted,

"Hampton Inn & Suites is offering a Manager's special of $79.99 until June 19th! Use HiltonHonors points! Say "Twitter" at the front desk!"

The Hilton offer bested the Fairfield Inn Pittsbugh Neville Island and the Residence Inn standard rates of about $89. The offer also goes head-to-head with the AAA rate at the Fairfield Inn Pittsbugh Neville Island of $79.

I think it was very clever of the Pittsburgh Hampton Inn to broadcast a limited time special offer on Twitter.  I wonder if the experiment was successful. Did it produce the desired objective?  Comments?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...