2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 26, 2009 9:49 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

Boston/Fenway

schweetie Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We are going to Boston and to Fenway Park right after Labor day. We are trying to figure out the best location in terms of being able to do some sightseeing on the trolley tour and then to get the the stadium for the games at night. Any suggestions? We will arrive from the Hartford area on Tuesday early afternoon and be staying until Thursday afternoon. Planning on going to games Tues and WEds. night.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Boston/Fenway
    bostontraveler Gold 1 Reviews

Marriott Copley Place is great and the most convenient.  The Renaissance Waterfront is not walking distance but is a great hotel on the water usually at wonderful prices.  There is a relatively new Courtyard Marriott at Copley across the street from the Copley Marriott.  I walk by it every day since I work in the area but don't know anyone who has stayed there.  Marriott Long Wharf is a good location but, in my opinion, overly pricey.

Boston is a great city with kids so enjoy!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Boston/Fenway
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Agreed on Boston Marriott Copley Place.  I really like the ease and availability of self-parking there.  With the relatively new Resident Parking Policy in effect throughout Boston year-round, Boston is not outsider parking friendly.  You MUST have a Resident Parking Permit in order to park (almost anywhere) or get a summons.  Be prepared.  Self-parking at the Copley is now $35/day which is comparable to parking for games at Fenway Park.

As an alternative, Marriott has many properties located around Boston with complimentary on-site parking and relatively near public transportation centers w/parking.  This means a little more planning.  For sightseeing North of Boston (which I highly recommend) consider properties in Woburn (9 miles), Danvers (14 miles) or Peabody (15 miles) including Courtyards, Fairfields, Springhill and Residence Inn and Towneplace Suites.  Rates do vary so research will pay off.

Enjoy your trip!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...