4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 26, 2009 11:59 AM by nuhusker RSS

newspapers

greendalejill Platinum
Currently Being Moderated
Imagine my surprise when there was not a newspaper in sight this morning.  Apparently you have to request a paper to receive one.  This was not memtioned when I checked in, so even though I am on the consierge floor, no paper was to be found.  Thankfully there were some in the lounge. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: newspapers
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

As of June 1st the policy changed and you need to request papers for delivery.  Makes sense in that IU threw away or stepped over many a paper in my three decades staying with Marriotts.

You can put this in your profile as well to ensure seeing a paper every weekday morning (7 day delivery is also a thing of the past, sadly).

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum
    The change in newspaper delivery was announced April 15th, effective June 1. Many properties were implementing the new policy earlier.  I prefer to go online for my news or access headlines from my Blackberry, so the change does not affect me.  See Bill Marriott's April 15th blog, Delivering the News, and the Best Customer Service for the 'scoop' and the 'poop' from those who don't agree.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
    Well, here we go again with this cotton-pickin' newspaper issue again.  Just finished a 10 day, 4 different hotels, trip.  Here is what happened with "my" newspaper.  SPS and FFI, got it in the lobby, just like Mr. Marriott promised.  Crystal City Marriott, was greeted at check-in and informed by Talysha that my profile showed that I wanted the USA Today, and sure enough, I got it at my door by 6 am each weekday morning.  Fairview Park Marriott, newspaper not mentioned at check-in, and sure enough, you guessed it, no newspaper at the door the next morning, until I called and asked the front desk about it and then got three different ones delivered immediately.  Next morning, again no paper, another call and USA Today delivered immediately.  Upon check-out I happened to see the Front Desk Manager, asked him about the newspaper policy, explained my problem, and he informed me that the clerk at check-in is supposed to verify the newspaper preference in the profile.  After reiterating the problem, I still received no apology, which at that time was all I was looking for, especially from the Front Desk Mgr, but none was forthcoming. Probably a training problem that starts with the Front desk mgr.  Not real sure I'll spend any more nights or money at Fairview Park Marriott.  Too bad others don't take their loyalty and dollars someplace else when service expectations are not met. 

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
    FYI...my preference for USA Today was confirmed by clerk at yesterday's check in at West Des Moines Marriott, and it appeared half-slid under my door by 6 am this morning.  I'm beginning to like this system and those who don't care for the paper ought to be as well.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...