1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 20, 2009 11:52 AM by aqwhyitstorm RSS

St Kitts Marriott - Great property

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I just returned from the St Kitts Marriott Beach Club and have to report that it is one helluva place.

Having stayed at many Vacation Club's in the past, I can honestly say this property is the best I've been to. The units are huge (1600 sqft) and have a cadre of features, including 3 flat screen TV's, two bathrooms, 3 individual air conditioning zones (each bedroom and the living room) as well as complimentary wired and wireless Internet.

The units used to be part of the Marriott hotel until they were converted to timeshare units and sit just outside of the main building.

The property is located on a wide expanse of beach and is by itself. Huts are plentiful and most were available during my stay during June.

The service and employees were extremely friendly and represented the company well. Nobody had their hand out and were all too eager to help.

The on-site restaurants were all very good (although  pricey) and service was very good.

There are plenty of places to eat within walking distance and everybody's first stop should be Shiggity Shack, which is located on a stretch of nearby beach called "the strip".

There is a Hertz desk on-site but be forewarned that the cars  are right-hand drive.

The taxis on St Kitts do not use meters and all fares are published. The fare from the airport to the hotel is fixed at $12us for up to 4 people.

Those with cars should drive to Cockle Shell Beach and rent lounge chairs at the Reggae Beach Bar or Spice Mill. This beach has panoramic views of Nevis and was practically deserted. Also don't miss having lunch at the Reggae Beach Bar and Grill, it's a must and is very reasonable.

I would highly recommend this resort and island to anybody that needs to get away from it all.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: St Kitts Marriott - Great property
    aqwhyitstorm Silver 4 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Thanks for posting such a great review....I was looking for a little insite on some places to stay while there in September 09...most def will print your review and check out some of the "eating" spots as well....Mannnnn, I can't wait!

Storm 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...