3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 22, 2009 1:00 PM by anadyr RSS

Security Information

luv2travl Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Just a question:

When I am on the Marriott site, either to access my account, read the marriott rewards insiders page, or to book a reservation, this choice comes up:

"Security Information - This page contains both secure and nonsecure items.  Do you want to display the nonsecure items?"  And then it allows me to either choose yes, no, or more information.

If I choose yes the first time, the box comes up and makes me make that choice each time I go back with my browser to change the dates of a reservation,  look at another aspect of the web site, etc.  Is this something that I can adjust on my computer, or is this the way the web site has to be set up?  I find it annoying that if I said yes initially when I went on the site, that I now have to answer that question each time.  And a side question is, if I choose no, what are the nonsecure items that will not be shown?

• Re: Security Information
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Try this remedy:

1) Open Internet Explorer

2) Click on Tools

3) Click on Internet Options

4) Click on the Security Tab

5) Click on the Custom Level button

6) Under the Miscellaneous section look for "Display Mixed Content"

7) Click on Disable for Display Mixed Content instead of Prompt

8) Click on OK twice

9) Close Internet Explorer and reopen

10) Open the webpage that was displaying the warning message, the message should not appear now.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

luv2travl Platinum

Thank You so much Stepping....

This is exactly what I needed to do.  Now I don't have this annoying box come up after every browse manuver.  Thanks again.

luv2travl

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
    you are welcome--glad that it worked.  It should be OK unless you reinstall some programs such as a new version of the browser--you can always do those steps again.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...