2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 25, 2009 1:05 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

Technology enhancement

kahunapremier Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Marriott,

I like the recent changes to your website marriott.com that shows multiple colors for selections. The blue that is used is very easy on the eyes and is quick to pick up on your site-very clean layout and very easy to see what you need to select.

I do have a request. With the explosion of the iPhone and possible new services with Verizon and continued service with AT&T, Marriott should consider creating an iPhone app that will allow booking reservations, view maps and directions to hotel, hotel information and photos, accessing marriott account, booking over the iPhone, changes, etc and of course rewards.

Make that iPhone app deliverable from your website. Going moble has never been so easy and with the iPhone, it doesn't get any easier!

• Re: Technology enhancement
    tjcnewyork Platinum

In 2008, Marriott scored $1.25 Million from mobile bookings. so going mobile has a definite value proposition.

Just go to Marriott.com/Mobile on your device.  For more information, see  Connect to Last Minute Travel Deals & Hotel Information…Anytime, Anywhere!  (login req'd)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Technology enhancement
    tjcnewyork Platinum

"Marriott should consider creating an iPhone app that will allow booking reservations, view maps and directions to hotel, hotel information and photos, accessing marriott account, booking over the iPhone, changes, etc and of course rewards."

Question 6 in the Marriott Mobile Survey asks, "What other mobile features do you want from Marriott?"

Please select all that apply.

• See map where hotel is located
    • Get weather update
    • Read about the city I'm traveling to
    • Book a room with my Rewards points
    • Order room service from my mobile
    • Access to travel games like Sudoku or crossword puzzles
    • Get tips for attractions near my hotel
    • Get dining and attractions info near my hotel
    • Access the Marriott Rewards Insiders community on mobile
    • Watch a video about the city I'm traveling to

Althought Marriott Mobile supports access to the full website, it doesn't currently work on a Blackberry and reports problems rendering.  How does it look on the iPhone? 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...