6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 15, 2009 11:53 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

Marriott Insiders!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

How does the average Marriott customer/employee learn about this poweful tool!

Very few employees know about the site, nor do other rewards or non-rewards customers. 

Isn't it helpful to all to share valuable information that will save time and money?  The results are a better travel experience no matter what the location or budget.  That builds LOYALTY and protects jobs for ALL!

• Re: Marriott Insiders!
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I would assume that associates are not allowed to be on the Insiders site since they cannot legally belong to Marriott Rewards, which is the entre to Insiders.

I think this could be remedied by allowing associates to interact with customers on this site or another site, perhaps one of the social networking ones, like Facebook.

Just a thought 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

SS,

I never thought of that?

Makes sense, but it would be nice for these employees to see what is going on in their company.

We will probably hear more. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
    Sure hope so--the commentary is now mostly one-sided.

tjcnewyork Platinum

As correctly pointed out, Marriott Rewards Insiders requires a Marriott Rewards ID# in order to authenticate and enter the forum.  Marriott employees are not eligible to participate in Marriott Rewards so are unable to 'Join the conversation'.  

I do like the fact that Insiders is 'gated' for membership use only.  Excluding Marriott employees allows them to focus on doing their jobs.  When they do their jobs well, positive feedback is the result.  

While Facebook offers an interesting venue for dialogue, I think TripAdvisor.com provides a very meaningul venue for exchange.  There is no restriction for Marriott employees regarding use of TripAdvisor, the practice may be encouraged.

For example, the Courtyard Lancaster is well established in that market and as of today there are 62 reviews.  One of the reviews that caught my attention comments on pool maintenance.*  Evidently, Courtyard Lancaster management saw the comment and posted an apology, June 16, 2009.* 

Management took ownership for conditions that a guest experienced and publicly reported.  Taking it a step further, the general manager invites the guest to make direct contact with the intent of resolution.  Kudos to the Courtyard Lancaster GM.

Nice hotel. Filthy pool/Hot tub

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

Good points.

One thing that concerns me is that somewhere I read that the Insiders site may start welcoming in non-elite members. I think the beauty of this site is that all us road-warriors can exchange and share tips and commiserate with each other. The last thing I want to hear is some guy talking about how he didn't receive extra towels when he called down to the front desk.

tjcnewyork Platinum

"The last thing I want to hear is some guy talking about how he didn't receive extra towels when he called down to the front desk"

Btw, Desert Springs Villas is among several Marriott properties piloting new 'guestware.'*  This is rapid response software, a type of request tracking system that keeps track of calls, incidents and requests.

Example 1. I called At-Your-Service to request fresh towels.  W/o exageration, housekeeping rang the villa bell about 2 minutes after I put the phone down!   Later, a follow-up caller asked if the towels requested were delivered.

Example 2. I call Loss Prevention to report a loose cylinder lock on the patio door.  About 10 minutes later, engineering shows up.  Ten minutes later, a caller requests confirmation that the lock was fixed.  

What the system does is routes requests to the appropriate department so that someone can take ownership and respond.  The time to completion is measured and becomes a new metric.

Kudos to Marriott for leveraging technology to improve guest services.

* Guestware 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...