6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 26, 2009 3:07 AM by stevendcollins RSS

Three Rewards guys traveling

stevendcollins Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

So I'm traveling with 2 other guys - 1 silver, 1 gold, and me - Platinum.  We all check in at the same time.  The Gold guy gets concierge level on a rate 1/3 lower than mine.  I'm cordial and polite about asking for a room on the concierge level and the desk says that's all they have.  I say clearly not as you just assigned a room and provided a complimentary upgrade to him when the room should have been mine.  This is getting really frustrating and SPG is ready to match my level...

• Re: Three Rewards guys traveling
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

This is really not funny, but sounds like a joke?

where could this have happened? 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum
    It's happened to me, so now I call 48-72 hours in advance to get the Platinum overide.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Steven,

TJC, has a great idea!  Call ahead, I have never done that, but it sure makes sense, if you want to make sure you get the benefits you have been paying for all of those years. 

stevendcollins Platinum 60 Reviews
    Of course...the real answer is that I shouldn't have to.... I plan to do a drive by tonight and pitch a polite *****...

tjcnewyork Platinum

"Of course...the real answer is that I shouldn't have to....
    I plan to do a drive by tonight and pitch a polite *****..."

Platinum Elite Clinic 101-Call in advance

PE status does set our personal expectations very high which is why I recommend calling prior to arrival. I have learned the hard way that folks at the Front Desk are not mind-readers.  It's imperative to let the Front Desk know what your expectations are and ask them if there will be a problem meeting those expectations.  Get the person's name, he/she needs be to ~accountable~ for delivering. 

Calling prior to arrival sets up a win-win.  If you don't have the time to do that, ask Platinum Elite Reservations to call for you. It works.  When the Front Desk delivers - I send a glowing note or e-mail to Customer.Care@Marriott.com and sing the praises about the Elite person who helped me.  They in turn route my feedback to the Executive Office. That's a drive-by and praise approach.

If there is a failure to meet or exceed expectations, a drive-by and 'b*tch' after-the-fact is way too slippery. (a euphemism for flawed).  Before driving by, consider what is your desired outcome?  Get comped, bonus points, upgraded?  Using a 3- rewards-guys-traveling with the haves-and-haves-not-argument sets up a very different dynamic.  Do consider an alternate approach.  

stevendcollins Platinum
    So I did the pre-call thing - seemed to work well.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...