6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 29, 2009 11:31 AM by james30 RSS

New Offer From the Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card

tjcnewyork Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

As previously posted, the Marriott Rewards June 2009 Newsletter & Account Summary arrived recently.  Prominently featured on p12 is a New Offer from the Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card:  30,000 bonus points and a Free Night stay at a category 1 - 4 location. See the image below for the highlights, there's alot more about this new offer online, here!

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp50/TOWNHOUSEMEDIA/PremierCreditCard.jpg

Right click View Image to enlarge

• Re: New Offer From the Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card
    luv2travl Platinum
    It is a great offer!  I would suspect that many of us on this site are already using a Marriott Premier Card. SoI guess this is just for us recruiting our friends and family to join?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
    With the renewal of my current Visa I got a cert for a cat 1 -5 hotel, but this offer is 1-4.  Also where are the 15 nights free? Just wondering?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

"With the renewal of my current Visa I got a cert for a cat 1 -5 hotel, but this offer is 1-4.  Also where are the 15 nights free? Just wondering?"

Upon ~approval~ you get a free cat 1-4 night (new card).  At ~renewal anniversary~, you get a free cat 1-5 night; plus, 15 nights credit towards Elite every year.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Glad that I've had the card so long, aren't you?  A great cobranding of hotel and credit cards. I must say that the renewal nights have taken longer than usual to post to my account, but after two calls to Platinum Premier help the problem has been solved.

I fear the changes that may come in the future as we see the full impact of the recently enacted credit card legislation.  I know that my COSTCO Business AMEX has already changed their 5% off on a gallon of gas offer to 4% with an annual maximum.

This is their prerogative but it serves as a warning that, like the good old 7 nights, cat 7 for 150,000 points, nothing is guaranteed forever. 

tjcnewyork Platinum

"great cobranding"

I agree completely.  The new offer reinforces and deepens the relationship between Marriott and Chase VISA.  With the final stage of integration between WaMu and Chase already in motion, Marriott will have that many more locations/markets where the Chase brand is recognized and trusted.

I was very puzzeled by AMEX taking 1st in the Affiliate Card category at the Freddie Awards.  There are Insider posts about poor customer service on the Chase side.  The WaMu integration may be key to a turnaround.  Chase will have a wider local presence in the form of retail banking and will be better able to service customers. The other benefit are the WaMu business customers who may be already familiar with AMEX.  I'm confident that Chase VISA may actually overtake AMEX, it's a matter of time

james30 Platinum
    While I have had no bad experiences to date with Chase, I think it will be difficult for them to surpass AMEX.  I have had different AMEX cards over many years, most recently the Centurion Card and I find their customer service to be a cut above the Visa, MasterCard, etc.  They really go beyond the others in resolving issues to the customer's satisfaction.  

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...