This discussion is locked
Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 17, 2009 5:03 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

Marriott Rewards June 2009 Newsletter

tjcnewyork Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

The Marriott Rewards June 2009 Newsletter & Account Summary arrived June 13, 2009.  Did you receive yours? 

Kudos to Marriott.  'Elite Rollover Nights' and the 'Best of Freddie Awards' logo are prominently featured on the cover.  I'm delighted to report that Marriott Rewards Insiders is featured as a Hot News item on page 5! 

Including the self-folding mailing cover, the letter from Ed French and the tri-fold-out Account Summary, the newsletter has 13 numbered pages!  Unfortunately, the Reporting Period covers 1/13/09-05/11/09 so the personalized Account Statement which probably co$t at least a $1 to print and bind does not reflect activity over the past month.

As many financial institutions and other service providers have moved from paper statements to online print-on-demand PDF formats to reduce the carbon footprint, I wouldn't object if Marriott did the same.  

Comments?

• Re: Marriott Rewards June 2009 Newsletter
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

NY:  

A buck a copy estimate may be high, but yes, going to PDF would be preferable.  The timeliness of the publication is not that great, but an electronic version would be as timely as the website.  I seem to recall that other loyalty programs to which I belong offer the option of paperless communications.  Perhaps Marriott does as well and I've missed it.

Some folks eschew the Internet and they can continue to get paper statements if they must.

Good suggestion 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

kahunapremier Platinum

Been saying that for YEARS!!! PDF format would be so simple to use as that is the de-facto standard.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

needgoodfood Platinum

I got mine today.   I also got the replacement Platinum card I requested today.

In my newsletter was an offer for the Marriott Visa with 30k bonus points.   In the card envelope was the same card offer, just with 20k points.

Is the difference just a printing thing?   Does anyone know?

tjcnewyork Platinum

"PDF format would be so simple to use"

Well....  not so sure about that!  Here's last year's, featuring the 25th Anniversary Awards.  While in PDF, the format is not exactly printer friendly.

So, to be more specific, a PDF in printer friendly format.  Thanks Marriott.

tjcnewyork Platinum

"In my newsletter was an offer for the Marriott Visa with 30k bonus points."

Yes, it's a new Visa offer, see my earlier post, New Offer From the Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card or go online, here.

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp50/TOWNHOUSEMEDIA/PremierCreditCard.jpg

Right click View Image to enlarge 

kahunapremier Platinum

TJCNY,

Never had an issue printing in PDF with the full blown application and/or Adobe reader, even the latest reader.

YOu must be running Windoze or something like that

tjcnewyork Platinum

"Trees falling in the forest"

That's good, that's real good

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...