2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 17, 2009 10:38 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

High Speed Internet Quality

archieb Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I travel frequently for business and really need high speed internet.  I have begrudgingly paid the $9.95 to 13.95 per day or higher charge for this service.  The price is a little sweeter when it includes unlimited local and domestic long-distance calls - although with cell 'phones, this doesn't really amount to much of a benefit.

I want to thank Marriott that the quality of most of the internet service is truly high speed.  It works well and is dependable.

What really upsets me is that sometimes "high speed" is really more like "glacial speed."  As a business traveler, nothing is more frustrating than waiting and waiting for downloads, or for screens to appear when you're trying to get your work done.

Marriott, is there some way to ensure a CONSISTENT standard of TRULY HIGH SPEED internet service at all of your hotels?

• Re: High Speed Internet Quality
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I agree, but then I have almost a direct pipe to the Internet courtesy of the place that I work and 20 mbps here at home. Marriott needs to upgrade this service and make it secure across the board

I have done line tweaks (DSL Reports is one) at various hotels and Glacial is too fast a term to describe what is happening there. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: High Speed Internet Quality
    tjcnewyork Platinum

"consistent"

Agreed.  Pardon the pun, we're on the same access node.  See the discussion, Broadband/WIFI... Marriott pricing is a joke... who pays

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...