10 Replies Latest reply: May 24, 2012 10:51 PM by oldgeekdude RSS

Platinum Premier Status

redwood Platinum 5 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I see various references in posts to Platinum Premier status? What is this and how does one qualify beyond "normal" platinum for it?

Thanks

• Re: Platinum Premier Status
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

The rules vary but you must be in the top three percent of Elite members in terms of number of nights in a given year. In addition you need to stay over 125 nights per year three years in a row.  But renewal varies--this year it is down to 100 nights to renew.

Hope that helps 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jolsteelcity Platinum 8 Reviews

I was told if you stay one year with consecutive night stays, you are Platinum Premier Elite for life.

Due to business, I have stayed approx. 460 nights in a row and hope to get a little clarity on this three year need to have so many qualifying stays.

Thank you in advance.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

foxcode Platinum

460 nights! That my friend is what I call a dubious ddistinction!

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

That is incredible!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
    Congratulations! That is quite an accomplishment. Good luck on the lifetime award, and if it works out please let us know.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Three years over 125 nights in a row was the requirement as of last year.  Perhaps given the state of the economy it is now less or even waived.  A call to the PP desk would answer that question I am sure.  Or the Platinum Desk as well.

Hope that helps. 

jolsteelcity Platinum 8 Reviews

Still no definitive answer on this subject has surfaced.......

oldgeekdude Platinum

I doubt that it will, actually.  The Platinum Premier status is "unpublished".  That is to say, the website doesn't even mention that it exists unless you are one.

While I'm sure that there are criteria in Marriott Corporate for attaining and retaining PP status, having the requirements nonpublished not only gives Marriott the ability to modify them as required, but also adds something to the cachet of the status, as it is (for all practical purposes) "by invitation only".

FWIW

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

Here's some leisure reading on this topic:

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/polls/1028

Enjoy!

oldgeekdude Platinum

I was aware of most of these statistics, but thanks for the pointer nonetheless.

I was actually (or so I was told at the time) part of the very first group of 50 PPs worldwide (though, to be fair, I really don't know whether this was because of my extraordinary loyalty, or because my last name starts with a "B.  ), and the status just "appeared" on the hotel's guest printout one day with no advance warning.  It was actually quite some time before I got any formal acknowledgement on my new status, but with absolutely no indication (other than boiler plate about my loyalty and suchlike) why I was chosen.

It seems pretty clear that the exact requirements are pretty fluid, and likely reflect whatever criteria are required to select the "top 3%" of Marriott's customers.  This actually makes sense, and makes PP status totally unlike all of the other levels, which have a published, objective goal.  Or, put another way, it is theoretically possible for each and every Marriott customer to attain Platinum status merely by staying 75 nights in a calendar year (with or without rollovers).  But even if every Marriott customer attained Platinum, in theory still only the top 3% would be offered Platinum Premier status.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...