6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2009 9:41 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

Half Price for Heroes Question (LPR Code)

lyonswife Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hello!

I read in the Air Force Times (dated 15 Jun 09, page 3) and on a few websites (http://www.milehighonthecheap.com/2009/05/half-price-for-heroes-hotel-deals/) that Marriott is offering 50% off at all of its hotels to Active duty and Retired military members until the end of the year by using LPR as the Promo code.  I've been able to find the deal at a couple of its hotels, but not at most of them.  I even called one hotel, but the manager didn't know what I was talking about and when she called her regional, they didn't know anything about it.

How do I get this 50% discount at all of the hotels since it's not coming up when I type in LPR?

Thanks!

lyonswife

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Half Price for Heroes Question (LPR Code)
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Lyonswife

Sage Hospitality is a Marriott franchisee (as well as Sheraton and Hilton).  The Marriott hotels that Sage operates where the LPR promo rate is valid may be found here.

For US active duty and retired US military, Marriott does have a special Spirit to Serve rate: XYD

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lyonswife Platinum

Oh!  So it's not for _every_ Marriott throughout the nation.  The article represented otherwise.  Makes sense now! 

And thanks for the other code too!

I appreciate the explanation.  Have a great day!

lyonswife

lyonswife Platinum

Hi!

I spent about 15 minutes trying the Spirit to Serve code, XYD, changing the dates, cities, and even searching under entire States, but found only 2 hotels that would accept the code, one of which was Mexico.  Are there a minimum number of days you're required to stay to use the code, or am I missing another piece of information required to use the code?  Do you know of any other codes military members can use?

Have a great day!

lyonswife

tjcnewyork Platinum

Look @ Marriott Government & Military Travel.

Regrets Lyonswife for the incomplete information about the XYD rate, it's only for selected Caribbean and Latin America properties.  While I'm sure there are active duty and retired US military who would welcome the opportunity for Latin American vacations, it's strikes me as a disconnect.  I would think that 'Spirit to Serve' rates would feature prominent Marriott properties in the United States because this is the nation being served and welcoming our men and women back with a break is something we should encourage Marriott to consider. 

As others have suggested, checking directly with the hotel desired may be worthwhile.  For example, last Saturday at the Annapolis Marriott Waterfront, a serviceman in civilian clothes approached the Front Desk asking about availability.  I noticed his military ID.  The Front Desk manager with whom I was speaking interrupted the check-in agent saying, use this code.  I overheard the agent quote a rate for a room well below a AAA  rate.  Granted, this is throwing the dice, but it did work. It was about 7:30 in the evening, and the hotel had availability. Broadly smiling, the guy booked two rooms on the spot.  

lyonswife Platinum

TJCNewYork,

Thanks so much for the great tip!  I called the hotel manager directly last week at Courtyard Boston-South Boston and she worked with me for a great military price.  Marriott has the best customer service around!

Have a great weekend!

lyonswife

tjcnewyork Platinum

"Marriott has the best customer service around"

Lyonswife - I absolutely agree.  Consider writing Customer.Care@Marriott.com to express your appreciation and gratitude.  In the Subject line: [Property Name] has the Best Customer Service Confirmation#: [12345678].  In your narrative, explain the challenges faced in trying to book a rate for active duty service online and how the hotel provided the solution. Give the name(s) of the people who were instrumental in meeting/exceeding your expectations.  Customer Care will e-mail you back with a tracking # and forward your note to the executive office of the hotel.  

Because of the influence of Alice Marriott, the company has a firm commitment to serving the community and social responsibility. It's good business practice. This is evident in many different ways (shelter, food, children, diversity, hospitality career development) and your experience is one more way that demonstrates that the legacy continues.    Among my favorites are the success stories about community engagement. I am very confident that your feedback will be greatly appreciated.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...