8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2010 9:53 PM by beltwayowl RSS

Any experience with motorcycle touring?

beltwayowl Gold
Currently Being Moderated

As an adult rider, I wonder if any of you have had memorable experiences in various US locations staying at Marriott properties.  I would expect a high level of satisfaction, but welcome commentary.  I've not taken the new bike on an overnight as yet.  Staging from northern Virginia.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
VA, USA
  • Re: Any experience with motorcycle touring?
    ambassador Platinum

I ride a little over 10,000 mi./yr., sometimes with a group, sometimes not.  Haven't done a moto ride where I've stayed at a Marriott, but haven't had any trouble anywhere.  I usually find a place to park where it's visible from the front desk, and sometimes cover it.  A couple of places have let me park on what amounts to the front porch. Of course I always lock fork, bags, etc. Ride a Harley Road King. I'm guessing security might be an issue in some cities/parts of the country.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ambassador Platinum

What bike do you have?

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

have taken my bike to many properties for overnights.  I always talk to the night desk person and arrange for my bike to be parked within view of the front desk and security cameras.

I ride a Suzuki Hayabusa, its locked and alarmed and my room is always in a place where I have a view and ear for the alarm.

Good luck, enjoy the ride and I'm sure you'll find staff at most properties accomodating :)

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

have taken my bike to many properties for overnights.  I always talk to the night desk person and arrange for my bike to be parked within view of the front desk and security cameras.

I ride a Suzuki Hayabusa, its locked and alarmed and my room is always in a place where I have a view and ear for the alarm.

Good luck, enjoy the ride and I'm sure you'll find staff at most properties accomodating :)

junglegeorge Platinum 4 Reviews

I do not have any on a road bike but it sounds great. I would love to go do the run through the smoke mountains someday. Keep it right side up and have fun

bupsmomma Platinum 4 Reviews

My husband and I like to take weekenders up to the smokey mountains in NC and ride the Cherohala Skyway, and of course, usually wind up going through Deal's Gap at some point!  We usually stay in the Courtyard in Alcoa, TN, which is convenient to great rides through the smokies.  We have always had good service and enjoy staying there. 

bambi8181 Platinum 4 Reviews
    I'm from Wisconsin and my wife & I traveled to the National BMW Motorcycle rally in Johnson City, TN last July. We rode out to Strassburg, VA and from there took the Blue Ridge Parkway all the way down. We included a number of side trips in our 12 day tour including Ashville, NC to visit the Biltmore Estate. With the exception of a few days staying with relatives, I used Reward Points to stay at Marriott properties throughout the trip. There were 2 that really stood out. The first was a Courtyard in Jackson, TN (west side of state). (I do like what they've done to the Courtyards as I use them a lot on business.) The best, though, was the Residence Inn, Ashville Biltmore. We stayed there for 2 nights and I actually slept through the night without ever waking up. I checked with the hotel and I believe the room we stayed in had a Tempurpedic mattress. For the bulk of the trip we stayed at Fairfields. We had a great experience and our stays at Marriott hotels made it even more enjoyable. p.s. We pulled a Unigo trailer behind a K1200LT. Great ride!

beltwayowl Gold 4 Reviews

just remembered to use this site.  thanks for the previous replies.  I ride a BMW R1100rt and am looking forward to some longer rides....

thanks for the tips.  Just stayed at London, Brussels, and Paris Marriott/Renaissance - recommend them all for locations and helpful concierge...on to Santa Fe, NM Courtyard....no, not by bike...too bad.

Safe riding, all!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...