2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 12, 2009 2:29 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

Deal of the Day

luv2travl Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Good Morning,

Although I have not been able to take advantage of the Deal of the Day offers, I am impressed with the rates and incentives in the packages.  The upgrades, free breakfasts, and extra nights certainly sweeten the deal.

I would like to see this promotion continue beyond the June 12th date as well as widen to include properties other than resorts.

It seems that there could be an offering of a handful of properties to include.  It could be used to increase occupancy during a slow time at a hotel, or even to promote the opening of a new hotel.  I know that when I am checking out the Deal of the Day, I also peruse the Marriott site for other things.  I also have been inticed to look at resorts that I had not known about or had not considered before.  It could be great advertising!  You could offer either lower point redemption (like the Point Savers) for that day of booking, or rate packages with extra nights and other upgrades.  Whether for business or leisure, it would be a welcome gesture in these difficult economic times.

It seems like this could be a win/win situation for Marriott and us.  Comments?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Deal of the Day
    mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews
    I'm in total agreement. These are fabulous offers and I plan to take advantage when one comes along that fits my requirements (within a couple hundred miles of my home in Ft. Lauderdale).

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Deal of the Day
    tjcnewyork Platinum

The multiple offers, overlapping promotions and tighter brand integration from 3 for 2 Resort Pointsavers, Redeem 4 Get the Fifth Night Free, Elite Rollover Nights plus Double Nights, the Global Rate Break on Weekends, the Deal of the Day, the Summer Promotion and the move of Marriott Vacation Club resorts into Hotel Categories all underscore an important point: Marriott has a very active and robust team working so very diligently to deliver quality programs and great deals to Marriott Rewards members.

I agree that the Deal of Day merits expanding beyond resorts to include a wider brand selection along with Deal of the Day Pointsavers.  But don't stop there.  Extend the promotional portfolio including Elite Rollover Nights plus Double Nights and the Global Rate Break on Weekend stays. 

Thanks to the all these promotions ~especially~ the Global Rate Break, we've been able to plan affordable weekend road trips combined with business travel and timeshare resort stays through Labor Day and beyond with the very high expectation of experiencing the Marriott promise to relax, revive and re-energize.

Kudos to Marriott!  Keep it up!  You're delivering upon my expectations and can be confident about my continued business and ongoing loyalty. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...