2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 8, 2015 10:45 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Postcards-On the Waterfront @ Annapolis Harbor

tjcnewyork Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Annapolis, Maryland is a historic maritime city thriving with activity and culture.  Located only 30 miles east of Mt. Vernon Place and the Convention Center in Washington DC, the Maryland state capital of Annapolis is just off Rte 50 on Chesapeake Bay.

In a break from our New England journeys, we turned southbound to the mid-Atlantic and visited Annapolis for a weekend getaway.  We were just-in-time to catch First Sunday Arts, an outdoor festival and street fair on Inner West Street below Church Circle.  The event takes place the first Sunday of each month from May through October.

Not quite the hidden gem, the Annapolis Marriott Waterfront is low profile compared to the colonial structures in the historic district.  If you're visiting our nation's capital, Annapolis and the Chesapeake Bay area is a great sightseeing trip and the Annapolis Marriott Waterfront is worth a stay.  The hotel has rooms with balconies overlooking the very charming Annapolis Harbor and City Dock as well as rooms with a city view.  As the state capital, several buildings in Annapolis are lit up so there are some very nice vistas from the hotel rooms.

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp50/TOWNHOUSEMEDIA/HPIM0652-a.jpg

As the aerial view below from Google Earth shows, the urban design of Annapolis, Maryland is a partial hub-and-spoke pattern overlaid on the traditional grid that characterizes so many American cities.  The use of the rotunda at Church Circle combined with a slight change in elevation with streets fanning off in diagonals creates picturesque views and accidental vistas of the waterfront as one walks around Church Circle.

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp50/TOWNHOUSEMEDIA/AnnapolisAerialView.jpg

Right click, View Image to enlarge

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Annapolis, Maryland, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Annapolis Marriott Waterfront
  • Re: Postcards-On the Waterfront @ Annapolis Harbor
    tjd Platinum 6 Reviews

This is the worse "full service" Marriott that i have ever stayed in.     They basically run a night club in the lobby for college kids.   Room service ends at 11pm where as your told you can go to the bar for food and a drink but of course you have to deal with all the screaming adolescents.     The night desk manager on a Friday night in the summer was totally under equipped to deal with any problems.    And then to top it all off the room just kind of sucked.

I do not recommend and i really hope it is a franchise hotel.     NEVER STAY HERE.    Lifetime Platinum Member

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
    Annapolis, Maryland, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Annapolis Marriott Waterfront
  • Re: Postcards-On the Waterfront @ Annapolis Harbor
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

tjcnewyork,

Thanks for the post!

Never stayed there, but have stayed at Marriott properties nearby. 

BTW, is "Hemmingway's" still a place to dine on the water, nearby.  Have always enjoyed that place, but it has been a few years since I was there.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...