2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 12, 2009 2:29 AM by lesliepamel RSS

Frenchman's Reef,USVI

lesliepamel Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I'we just set up a 2 week vacation at at Frenchman's Reef villas, commencing March 6th 2010. Has anyone any hot tips?

Travelling from the airport, shuttle taxi cost?

Restaurants?

Transport? Rental Car, Taxi, Local bus etc

Day trips to St Johns?

Etc Etc Many Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Frenchman's Reef,USVI
    mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

I've been to this property several times and always had a great time, although I don't know what you will do there for two weeks.

I always rent a car at the airport because St Thomas is larger than a lot of other islands. The hotel does not have any ground service to downtown so if you don't rent a car then you will have to hail it each time, and that doesn't come cheap. There is water taxi service but it isn't cheap either. Some of the fabulous beaches such as Megans's Bay can only be reached by car.

St. John is a great one day trip and getting there by ferry is half the fun. The island is mostly a national park, so that tells you something right there about the place.

As for the hotel, it's perched up on a bluff with very nice vistas. I personally like to sit by the pool and watch the cruise ships depart.

The hotel restaurants are just OK in my opinion so I opt to drive to many of the great restaurants. Among them are Mims, which is a short drive from the hotel. For a great breakfast visit Glady's in downtown. The Old Stone Farmhouse (which lives up to its name) is great for a romantic dinner. But the best place for a Caribbean dinner is Cuzzin's.

My only complaint about St Thomas, Charlotte Amalie in particular, is that they roll the sidewalks in at 6:00pm after the cruise ships leave. Other than a few restaurants there is absolutely nothing to do there, I wasn't even able to find a place to have coffee.

Enjoy your stay.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Frenchman's Reef,USVI
    lesliepamel Platinum
    THANKS FOR THAT INFO MIKIEG. i'LL MAKE SURE i CHECK THE RESTAURANTS OUT.tHE IDEA OF WAVING THE CRUISE SHIPS OUT OF TOWN SEEMS FUN.I GUESS THE PLACE GETS CROWDED WHEN 6000 ODD PASSENGERS DISEMBARK THE CRUISE SHIPS. iT MUST BE GOOD TO BID THEM 'BON VOYAGE' 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...