6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 5, 2009 12:58 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

nights in a Marriott timeshare count towards elite status?

txperson Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Does anyone know if the nights in a Marriott timeshare count towards elite qualification nights?  I own 1 week and i was wondering if that counts? what about if I were to exchange or pay for the nights through interval exchange?

• Re: nights in a Marriott timeshare count towards elite status?
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Greetings TXPerson and thanks for posting. 

With minor exception,* Vacation Club owner nights are counted towards qualifying for Elite status.  This includes nights at your home resort, on exchange or rental through Marriott or Interval.  To receive credit, present your Marriott Rewards ID# at check-in.

* Including but not limited to: 

• Marriott Streamside at Vail - Birch,
    • Marriott Streamside at Vail - Douglas
    • Marriott Streamside at Vail - Evergreen

Call the resort(s) to confirm Marriott Rewards participation or check Marriott.com or My-VacationClub.com   See also Why not count Vacation Club stays towards Platinum 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

danuty Platinum
    Your stays at your Marriott time share will count towards your elite status. Any exchanges to Marriott well as purchases of Getaways through Interval will also count.  They will not qualify for double credits in the currrent promotion. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

Danuty:

"Your stays at your Marriott time share will count towards your elite status. Any exchanges to Marriott well as purchases of Getaways through Interval will also count.  They will not qualify for double credits in the currrent promotion."

That's correct.  MVCI owner nights at the home resort or exchanged w/Interval are considered Elite Qualifying Nights (EQN). 

HOWEVER, MVCI owners on a paid stay at any MVCI resort (except Streamside at Vail) are also EQN, plus eligible for Double Nights w/in the promotional period (ending June 26).   

Example:  I book 2 nights at Marriott Vacation Club's Custom House in Boston June 25-27 through Marriott Reservations.  The online published rate is $239, but I qualify for the MVCI owner discount rate at 25% off or about $180/night. Under the Double Nights promotion, I will earn 2 paid nights plus 2 bonus nights or a total EQN=4. In addition, I will earn 10 Marriott Rewards points per $/US except room tax plus Platinum Elite 50% bonus on base points and 500 points welcome gift.

According to Marriott Rewards (1-801-468-4000), an MVCI owner is entitled to all Marriott Rewards benefits based upon their Elite status for paid nights at another MVCI resort on the published rate, the AAA rate, the senior rate, a government rate, the corporate Global Rate Break, F5X rate or the 25% discounted owner rate.  Plus, paid nights at MVCI resorts qualify for EQN plus Double Nights w/in the promo period.

txperson Platinum

thank you.  I just stayed in Vail Evergreen last week through buying that week from Interval.  It even showed up on my reservations.  But when I called Marriott just now, they told me it won't count unless I am staying with my own week.

Any suggestions to get the credit for the nights?

txperson Platinum

Thank you to everyone's insights.  I just reread the response and notice that Vail Evergreen does not participate which is where I stayed.  Too bad.  I was hoping to get the 7 nights needed to qualify.  I also called the resort and did get the confirmation that they do not participate.

Thanks again for the great replies and knowledge sharing.

tjcnewyork Platinum

TXPerson

We were thinking about a Vail in January, but Evergreen dropped to the bottom of the list since the resort does not participate in Marriott Rewards.  Counting MVCI nights towards Elite Qualifying Nights is one benefit and a step towards tighter brand integration.  To be the exception prompts questions about standards.  Heading slightly off topic, would you say that Evergreen met or exceeded your expectations of the Marriott vacation experience?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...