5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 2, 2009 10:27 PM by ncinsider RSS

Breakfast for Platinum on Weekends

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Found out this past Sunday a.m. that West Des Moines Marriott has joined the crowd and has discontinued complimentary breakfast on weekends for platinum members.  Sorry to see that benefit go by way of the buffalo.  I'll let you know in a couple of weeks the status of this benefit at the Fairview Park Marriott in the DC area.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Breakfast for Platinum on Weekends
    Follow up on Fairview Park, VA marriott...received comp breakfast for myself (elite member) only (although I had to ask about it).  no longer offered for the wife.  That seems to me to be more reasonable than discontinuing the benefit altogether.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

Nuhusker

Thanks to Platinum Elite here's another tip. 

When you book your reservation online or over the phone, make sure you have "Mr & Mrs." in the salutation.  If you do call prior to arrival, say,  "my wife and I are looking forward to staying with you this weekend (or whatever)".  This approach let's the Front Desk know in advance, so they can plan to meet your expectations.  

Once check-in is smooth and rapport established with the Front Desk, I'll call from the room and say, "I forgot to ask about Concierge for tomorrow morning."  If it is a weekend, the Front Desk will say it's closed.  Then I say, "I've heard that the (name of the restaurant) crew here makes a mean omelette. In lieu of Concierge, do you have BF vouchers?"  If everything prior to that went smoothly, the Front Desk will say, "Swing by when you have a moment to pick them up,"  or something similar. 

The key is engaging the Front Desk in a pleasant interaction without making anyone feel they're on notice. Try it.

TJC -- I generally follow a similar course as you've suggested...certainly always request, not demand or even expect the weekend breakfast anymore.  But I'm going to fine tune my approach based on your experiences.  Thanks.

tjcnewyork Platinum

NUHusker

I've extended a stay at the Marriott Melville Marriott Long Island NY and given 2 BF vouchers.  

ncinsider Platinum

Weekend BF vouchers were given for me and my wife in Norfolk. I will try at Fairview Park in a week. Thanks for the info.