9 Replies Latest reply: Mar 23, 2010 6:23 PM by awanderer RSS

munich courtyard downtown

midnight Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Can anyone comment on the Courtyard downtown Munich vs the Marriott for a trip to Oktoberfest?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: munich courtyard downtown
    newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

I stayed at the Courtyard in Munich for Oktoberfest in 2007.  I stayed here versus the Marriott because it was closer to the Alstadt (Old Town) and Oktoberfest.... both within walking distance from the Courtyard.  You'd have to take a cab from the Marriott to get everywhere.  My room was fine although no view; I was in an inside room facing an unattractive courtyard and other buildings which didn't matter because I only slept there!  And it was quiet.  Don't think that any of the street-facing rooms would have much of a view either but I'm not sure.  Although the area the Courtyard is located is not all 'new and shiny bright', I as a single woman travelling alone, felt safe.  The CY employees were great and very helpful.  Breakfast was included and pretty good... lots of pastries, meats, cheeses, cereals, etc.  Better than typical european breakfast fare.  Can't remember if there were any eggs.  You'll receive a coupon for a free beer and brezel (pretzel) at the bar when you check in.

Take the bus from the airport to the main train station.  From the train station, you can walk the few blocks to the CY or take a cab for a very short ride.

You'll have a blast at Oktoberfest!  Here are some pics:

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

midnight Platinum
    Thank you

egw019 Platinum
    the munich courtyard downtown is a dream hotel,good service and well located. a short walk to the main shopping area and the marinplatz. go to dalmayer for food and shopping, then to the outdoor market.

egw019 Platinum
    the munich courtyard is a dream of a hotel, well located a short distance to the main shopping area and the marinplatz. go to delmayer for food and shopping, a short walk to the best outdoor market in the world. munich has good public transportation to go to the octoberfeast.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Midnight,

Thanks!

We have been staying at the REN. and Marriott in Schwabing and always enjoy them, but this sounds like a great alternative.

Munich, is a lot of fun! 

keglerbill Platinum 1 Reviews
    I stayed at the Courtyard twice in 2008. Forget Courtyards you see in the U.S., this is a great hotel. I liked the proximity to the train station, as I took several day trips from Munich throughout Bavaria -- just a five minute walk to the main train station. Also easy to walk to the City Center (Marienplatz). The food there was great -- especially the wonderful breakfasts (complimentary for Platinum). I picked the CY because I was using points both times, and wanted to get the lower rate than the Ren or Marriott. But I was very impressed with the hotel. I'll be sure to stay there next time I'm in Munich.

ipprotector Platinum 1 Reviews

I stayed in Sept. 2009.  The hotel was nice and food was good.  However, the front desk personnel were some of the worst I have ever encountered at the Marriott Brand hotel.  I would be happy to provide the details if anyone is interested.  I would not recommend this hotel.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

IP,

Thanks for sharing this!

I have stayed at the Marriott and REN. and never had any problems.  

Hope this CY experience is not regular!

awanderer Platinum

The last time I stayed in the Munich Courtyard I ended up covered from head to toe in what I believe to be bed bug bites. Upon informing the hotel I received a dismissive email reply. Whilst recognising problems with insects must sometimes happen, I really cannot believe the poor response. Now myself and all my colleagues stay in the Marriott, or the Renaissance -both are great, but the Marriott is a little fresher This is a real shame, as the hotel has a good location for the town.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...