4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 1, 2009 2:33 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

Internet suggestion

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Here's a simple answer to the Internet Kerfuffle--paying for it that is:  why not have free Interent (some advertising, also unsecured, slow speed, etc.).  Then offer (at a reasonable price) higher speeds, https connectivity, etc.  The Cable companies have tiers of service--Marriott could do the same.

Comments? 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Internet suggestion
    mamianka Gold
    Gee, thanks - I pay all those fees to Mattiorr so I can have buggy DAIL-UP??  The hotesl are wired for high-speed - let us have it!  There are OTHER things I could do without, or where they could trim a little if necessary.  But once you are broadcasting a wireless signal, just allow us IN.  If the wireless is only reliable in public areas, then give us wired in our rooms - heck, we might just be booking our next stay!  I find the current Marriott system cheap and petty, and capricious.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

Stepping

"Here's a simple answer to the Internet Kerfuffle--paying for it that is:  why not have free Interent (some advertising, also unsecured, slow speed, etc.).  Then offer (at a reasonable price) higher speeds, https connectivity, etc.  The Cable companies have tiers of service--Marriott could do the same."

Free broadband wired or wireless across all brands is the best solution.  

The Fairfields, Courtyards and Marriott Vacation Club brands that offer free broadband now can provide the lessons learned to facilitate implementation at other brands.  To offset costs, Marriott could invite sponsored advertising on the portal page as a pilot and solicit guest feedback.  I'm NOT looking for Marriott to become Craigslist.  I want what JetBlue provides in their terminals - FREE BROADBAND/WiFi.  Give me a portal with Terms & Conditions and a simple Login.  Give me the ability to opt-in to receive marketing, offers, coupons, and e-mail from 3rd parties that I can select from, subscribe to and unsubscribe.

Providing hospitality services is Marriott's core competency.  To be effective, Marriott has perfected forming and managing relationships with multiple vendors in areas beyond their core strength.  For example, in travel services-Hertz, in financial services-Chase & Amex; and in merchandising - SKYMall among others. 

When furnishing their properties with flat panel TVs, LG is Marriott's brand standard, period.  Why not develop a brand standard for broadband, form and manage the relationship(s) to deliver Free broadband services and let Marriott continue to focus on delivering what Marriott knows how to do best - provide legendary hospitality?       

ggswell Platinum
    I agree.  Plus I don't get the rationalization about charging the higher end Marriott property customers.  We should get it free if we're staying at a more expensive hotel.  It feels like they're nickel and diming us.

tjcnewyork Platinum

In addition to i-Bahn, I frequently encounter Lodgenet at Marriott.  While I much prefer a branded approach* here's the non-branded, no frills portal seen at a Fairfield recently.  Simple, easy-to-use and free:

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp50/TOWNHOUSEMEDIA/FairfieldInn-OnlineByLodgeNet-1.jpg

* Branded approach

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...