3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 3, 2010 6:42 PM by pltnmprincess RSS

Has anyone stayed at the Courtyard Chennai India?

pltnmprincess Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am looking for some recommendations if this is a good place to stay.  Courtyards are not my preference, but it is the only Marriott in that area right now.  Can anyone offer some insights?  Thanks.

• Re: Has anyone stayed at the Courtyard Chennai India?
    scdiver Gold
    No have only stayed at the GRT's including the Radisson by the airport

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

drhammond Gold

The Marriott Courtyard is a gem!  It is an untold treasure in the Marriott exchange.  Forgot about thinking that it is a Courtyard;  It is much more like a full Marriott.  The only thing missing is the pool--however, I walked 2.5 miles each day to the ocean and did my yoga with about 400 other folks at 7:00 a.m.  Or you can take a scooter (autoricksaw) for about $2 roundtrip--they are everywhere and get you out riding in the open morning air. 

But that is just the beginning.  The personnel at the hotel makes it outstanding. The general manager makes you feel like you are the most important person in his hotel.  He takes the time to greet you -- and don't be surprised if he sits with you and chats for a few minutes in his very busy day and night schedule.  He is a master of organizational theory (my subject)and puts it into practice. 

Suresh, the head cook, is amazing!  You will find that breakfast comes with the stay. But this is no ordinary breakfast--his team prepare the best of South Indian cuisine, such as dosa, vada, idlee, and several dishes that change each day.  But that is just one third of the buffet--yes, buffet!  There is also everything you can imagine of the Standard American full breakfast with eggs and omelettes prepared just as you like them--with bacon, sausage, potatoes, etc.  There is also an Asian side as well as a whole area of fresh fruits, freshly squeezed juices, Inidan chai and expressos, Madras coffee, and fabulous coissants and pasteries.  Suresh even brought me behind the scenes to show me how to make a great Masala dosa. 

I can't say enough about this fabulous place.  There is also a bar and an Italian restaurant on site.  However, we were always drawn to the luncheon and dinner buffets-as good as a five star restaurant! 

So, do not hesitate to book this hotel.  This is the first review that I have ever written, but I had to because the place was excellent. And if you can, get on a concierge floor to have access to the Lounge on the top floor.  The view is spectacular;  the internet access is free according to your room stay, and they have breakfast in the morning, refreshments all day, and hot munches and drinks during their long happy hour time.  You will love this place!!!      

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pltnmprincess Platinum

DrHammond,

Thank you so much for your excellent review and welcome to Insiders.  This is great information should I return to Chennai.  I went in July and stayed in the Le Meridien hotel.  It was much more convenient to my work than the hotels within the city.  But should I return I might try and work in a stay at this CY.

Thanks Again!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...