11 Replies Latest reply: May 31, 2010 2:26 AM by oldgeekdude RSS

Marriott Marina Hotel

tomandviola Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We're planning a trip in October and were deciding between the Marriott Marina and Coronado Island..as suggested for us as Platinum elite member, we are leaning towards the Marina, but just read a couple of reviews mentioning a 'loud train' that is heard in a city view room in the early morning hours.  Also, we're going on Points...think that will make a difference in our 'treatment'??...usually doesn't!!  Thanks

• Re: Marriott Marina Hotel
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Tom,

We recently stayed at the Marina and is was so great!  Please see pictures.

We never noticed any RR sounds but we did see the station and all the sights from the hotel were great.

Have not stayed at Coronado, but I am sure it is nice as well.  How can you go wrong?  Good luck! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

Wow Jerry

Talk about size & scale.  The San Diego Marina is ginormous as my daughter would say.  Great pictures!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

TJC,

When we checked in at the M. Marina, without me even asking, Theo upgraded us to the Presidential Suite!  This was a first, this suite was two floors, and covered three directional views from the top floor.  It was the nicest room I have ever had.  My son, Clayton, and I where there to accept a supplier award from Boeing, and what a great conference center and experience!

Thank-you Marriott Marina, for a memorable time! 

tomandviola Platinum

Jerry,

Thanks for your input.  The pictures are Great!! I believe that is where we will be staying in October!!  Don't think we'll get the Presidential Suite though...LOL

Congratulations on your award!

oldgeekdude Platinum

My wife and I have stayed at both properties, and I will take the Marriott Marina any day.

The staff are uniformly great.  I have absolutely no complaints.  The rooms are comfortable and well-maintained, and (since it's a business hotel), everything is very convenient.  And if you do want to visit Coronado, there is a shuttle boat that leaves the marina for Coronado on a regular basis.

Let me put it this way -- I stay at Marriott properties roughly 120 or so nights a year, and have been doing so for well over a decade (enough to easily qualify for Platinum Emeritus status), and the San Diego Marriott Hotel and Marina is my hands down favorite property.

tjcnewyork Platinum

GeekDude

By any chance have you stayed at the Marina Del Rey in Los Angeles?  I've booked a reservation there on referral. Any insights from your experience are welcome.

andytraveler Platinum

Stayed at the Marina on family vacation last year, loved it and are looking forward to our next stay.

The first night we did hear the train you mentioned, it was very loud.  Strangely enough did not hear it again after that !?

If you go, make sure you check out the 'Richard Walkers' pancake house about 1 block north.  Great for a breakfast treat.

jayslivs Gold

I stayed at this hotel last August with my family. All was excellent and very easy access to downtown, zoo, etc. Beautiful pool, great tennis instruction and lounge. Go for it. You won't be disappointed.

sfskier Gold

I would stay at Coronado.  I'm at the Marriott Marina right now and while its very nice, its more business oriented (and I can hear the train but its not very loud)

frankiesesso Platinum 5 Reviews

Tom,

I've stayed at both--without knwoing your interests, I can tell you the MArina Hotel does a great job in recognizing your platinum, status, Coronado does too, but the Marina Hotel belongs on the MArriott Hotel of Fame!!!!! One of the best

Close to everything , Coronado is good if you want a secluded get away

oldgeekdude Platinum

I think we can agree to disagree here.  Smile

Personally, I much prefer a business hotel over a resort hotel -- I much prefer the convenience of a business property.

I'm sure this has something to do with the fact that I don't particularly enjoy whacking little white balls into holes in the ground.  Wink

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...