0 Replies Latest reply: Jun 7, 2012 12:41 PM by sarah4u RSS

Traveling to Orangeburg, SC

sarah4u Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

The only Marriott hotel in Orangeburg, SC is a Fairfield Inn off of I-26. I visit the area a lot because of family and always prefer a Marriott hotel, however, the Fairfield Inn is getting old and it shows. You can hear all of the trucks and vehicles on the road so if you're a light sleeper - you won't sleep. The staff is nice and friendly. Newer hotels are going up in the area such as Best Western and Country Inn and they are filling up faster than the Fairfield. Also, the Fairfield internet doesn't work well in the rooms. I tried both the ethernet and the woreless and neither worked well. Marriot really need to consider upgrading the Fairfield Inn and/or building a Courtyard or SpringHill Suites in Orangeburg. It is definitely not the place to stay if you're on business. Sadly, there isn't a hotel worth recommending to business travelers in Orangeburg - only in Columbia about 30 miunutes away.

Edisto Gardens is a popular place to visit in Orangeburg and the town is a nice stop over when traveling to Charleston, SC or Myrtle Beach, SC (depending on which direction you're going). Also, that strip off I-26 is a gold mine for hotels and as much as I prefer Marriott brands, I probably will not stay there the next time I'm in town.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...