1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 6, 2009 7:20 PM by millie RSS

Los Suenos Marriott Resort

travelerd Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We spent 10 nights at the wonderful Los Suenos Marriott Resort in Costa Rica! The resort, pool and guest rooms are absolutely beautiful! The best part of the enormous pool is that it is landscaped nicely so that it feels like there are many mini-private pools with the large pool. The staff are wonderful. The hotel was only at 32% occupancy when we were there in mid May due to decreased tourism from Americans due to the economy & also that May marks the beginning of the rainy season. (Although it only rained 1 day out of 10....the rest of the days were full of sun!) This area of Costa rico is very relaxing & peaceful.

Travel Tips:

1. The hotel can arrange for a private transfer from the airport in San Jose to the resort for $120/each way. The resort is about 1.45 hours from the airport. I do not recommend that you drive yourself b/c the roads are not marked & are very curvey.

2. There is a little town called Joco where you can go for dinners/shopping/nightlife.

3. The hotel can book various activities for you including ziplining, horseback riding, boat rides, etc. There is a National Car Rental onsite at the nearby Marina. We rented a car for the day $50 incl tax & drove 1.5 hours to the Manuel Antionio National Park & toured the sites at our leisure. The beach at the park is gorgeous....white sand beaches, clear water, private areas...definitely take your bikini & plan on spending the day at the beach!

All in all, good vacation, very relaxing. I'm in my early 30's, but the crowd at this hotel was mainly folks in their 40s or 50s with a few sets of honeymooners there, too.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Los Suenos Marriott Resort
    millie Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated
    I'm going to the Los Suenos Resort in September. Did the resort have jetskiing or any other type of water sports? You recommended not to rent a car at the airport because the roads are curvey. Is it a straight shot to the hotel from the airport? Are there signs for the resort when you get near?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...