2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 3, 2013 10:21 PM by GemPrincess RSS

Marriott West India Quay, Canary Wharf, London

platinumstar Platinum 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just spent 3 nights at this fantastic hotel, it was my 51st stay (not nights, but check-ins). I cannot praise this hotel enough and highly recommend it to anyone, especially if you are coming to London for a weekend as they have some extremely attractive rates. It does cost more to stay Mon-thurs as it's located in the financial district. However, unlike New York or lots of other financial areas, Canary Wharf has a wonderful huge shopping mall which is all enclosed, so it doesnt matter what the weather is like. There are good underground links on the Jubilee line (20 mins to Oxford Circus/Bond St/Westminster) and the DLR (Docklands light railway) is located directly next door to the hotel (WestIndia Quay station). Opposite the Marriott is a large Cineworld movie complex with 10 screens and the outdoor restaurants located next to the hotel are numerous, casual and good. The hotel itself has an excellent restaurant - The Curve, which is mainly fish, and the fish is fresh as supplied by the famous Billingsgate fish market, a few blocks from the hotel. Of course Steak and other meat dishes are available, but fish is the most popular.

The hotel is extremely modern and comtemporary, with 2 sweeping staircases located at the main entrance leading up to the main lobby where there is a newly refurbished, and excellent bar and lounge, with an outside terrace. There is a very good gym in the lower level and seperate saunas located within both mens and ladies locker rooms, which are very stylish. Massages etc can be arranged (best to be pre-booked though) as they have a couple of treatment rooms. The hotel rooms are very well furnished and if you want to splash out, there are a few different types of suites, both of which i have tried and they are excellent, especially the Curve suites which are huge and occupy the pointed corner of the building with incredible floor to ceiling windows offering fantastic views over the dock and waterway below and the waterside cafes.

There is an excellent executive lounge, and yes, it is open 7 days a week! What fantastic management to consider all of the eligible guests every day of the week! Superb canapes and desserts, an honour bar mon-thurs and complimentary soft drinks/bottled water and snacks every day. The exec lounge serves breakfast 7 days a week and includes scrambled eggs, bacon, plump sausages, bakes beans, smoked salmon, bagels, muffins, breads, yoghurts, cereals, cold meats, fruit juices, fresh fruit , teas and coffees etc. The staff in the executive lounge are incredibly friendly and welcoming as are all of the staff in this very well managed Marriott and the staff cannot do enough for you. There are many staff who have been at this hotel for a long time, so they clearly treat their staff well and its always nice to see a welcoming friendly face when i go back there.

This hotel also has a couple of floors of full service executive stay apartments for those wanting a longer stay or to have an apartment with kitchen etc. With this in mind, the excellent shopping mall at Canary Wharf has a large Tesco supermarket where you can stock up on your needs for an independant stay. However, I'd rather be pampered by the staff at the Marriott, they dont come better than this! 

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR A STAY IN LONDON! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...