1 Reply Latest reply: May 20, 2009 1:07 PM by platinumstar RSS

Need help with New York City hotel

hkloban Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Can anyone out there help me with a hotel selection for New York City.  I'm looking for recommendations for which hotel is best between the NY Marriott Downtown or the Marriott East Side

Can anyone tell me which hotel is best.  Lounge hours, lounge food, room size, amenities?  I'm not too worried about the location or the price.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Need help with New York City hotel
    platinumstar Platinum 3 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

I've not stayed at the Marriott Eastside, but have many times at the Marriott Downtown. It's located just around the corner from Ground Zero and has Century 21 a few blocks away (great for the bargains!). The Downtown used to be called the Marriott Financial District and has been recently renovated and the rooms I have had have always been spacious. There is a very nice executive lounge on the top floor with spectacular views over the Hudson river and if you are lucky then so do some of the rooms. Cant remember if the lounge is open at weekends, I'm having trouble trying to keep up with each hotels decision to open or close the lounges. There's the obligitory Starbucks there and their restaurant is pan asian - ROYS, which is good but overpriced I felt and the food portions not so big. There is also a nice bar where snacks can be had. Until recently the hotel had a very nice swimming pool and in each locker room, a small sauna. but they have both now been closed permanantely, which is a great shame as it was great to relax in, must be a sign of the times as its not being renovated, just closed for good! I would highly recommend this hotel, and also they have some very good rates there, much better than midtown.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...