2 Replies Latest reply: May 21, 2009 9:00 AM by kahunapremier RSS

Packing for business or pleasure

kahunapremier Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Years ago, a family member whom traveled over sea's extensively offered me this simple, yet practical packing tip.

1. When packing underwear, put them in a ziplock bag. This will allow Customs (if any of you had this privilage) to go through your clothes BUT with a ziplock bag, officer and youself won't be embarassed with your "brief" moment.

2. Think everyone does know this tip, but here it is anyway. Roll your polo shirts, pants and such if using a garment bag.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Packing for business or pleasure
    tjcnewyork Platinum

"BUT with a ziplock bag, (the) officer and youself won't be embarassed with your "brief" moment"

ROFLOL. Your 'brief' tip needs no visual aid, but prompts a question.  Where you thinking of packing 'ziplocked briefs' for business or pleasure?  Either way, who said 'travel tips' had to be humorless.  

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Packing for business or pleasure
    kahunapremier Platinum

TJC,

Should have seen the Customs officer hold my zip lock brief bag and was gently squeezing it, to which I replied, you are thoroughly enjoying this aren’t you. He looked beat red and said, all is fine, here is your bag. I wish I had my camera with me, YouTube in minutes!

That incident occurred a few years ago, ~ 5, at the Omaha airport. I find it interesting that the larger airports don’t do this more, but that the smaller regional airports DO this a lot more.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...