4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 2, 2013 2:30 PM by bpelican RSS

Clarification on Marriott Rewards

kahunapremier Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Thought I would pass this along regarding Marriott Rewards and levels.

Everyone should know (maybe it isn't clear from Marriott) about the elite status Marriott offers. For a refresher, they are as follows.

SilverStay 25 nights, one qualifies for this.

Gold: Stay 50 nights, one qualifies for this.

Platinum: Stay 75 nights, one qualifies for this.

Platinum Premier: Invited by Marriott himself in a form of a letter. That is simple enough and pretty much how we understand it.

Here is what I believe some of us don't know, are confused about, etc. So, I thought I would at least try to clear the "muddy" waters of Marriott levels.

Once you gain elite status at any level, you have to renew at that same level, so Silver elite has to stay 25 nights to renew, 50 for Gol, 75 for Platinum AND Platinum Premier.

Yes, that is correct, according to Marriott Rewards-anyone that has achieved PP status has to renew at 75 nights to maintain the Premier status, not at 120 nights or 100 nights /year, 75 is the mark.

Also, those that have PP status and starting in 2009 you received a PP upgrade used for the calendar year, given every year IF PP status is maintained.

This PP upgrade cert, which appears in your "Unused Certifcate" account, is only to be used in conjunction with reward points, not paid points.

Those that are Platinum status and desire to achieve PP status, well, that is a different question that MR can answer.

Hope this clears up, what I believe a lot of folks do NOT understand or are not aware of.

• Re: Clarification on Marriott Rewards
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Kahuna,

Thanks for the information!

Am PP but never really new how I got there.  This really explains it well. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

kahunapremier Platinum

JM,

Yeah, never really understood WHY Marriott can't seem to "explain" the Elite status, Lifetime Status in simple terms. One letter from Marriott will say one thing, another completely different and yet when one talks to Marriott Rewards, yet another different angle.

Has me confused! and I am sure others as well.

Have sugguested many times to Marriott about LTS (lifetime staus) and how to "show" that when one authenticates to marriott.com Just like all "promoitions" being active, Marriott should show LTS so one can see where they stand.

Marriott can also plug in an interactive help that explains LTS and how one can achieve the HIGHEST status in the LTS program-Lifetime Platinum.

More people requesting this enhancement, the sooner Marriott can implement. As of right NOW, no other hotel chain program has ANYTHING like this.

IHC has Ambassardor status, BUT only at IC hotels, not at all other IHC brands (bad business imo)

This is WHY I believe it is a WIN for us AND Mariott to implement LTS as a feature within Marriott.com

1. IF LTS is implemented, more users will begin to question, what is this? How can I achieve the "next" level, Look at how "close" I am at getting to the next level. Can you picture HOW MANY more people will be staying at Marriott IF they "knew" how close they were to the NEXT level?

2. More business for Marriot.

Now, how can ANYONE refuse that! I stay at marriott because I know I am very very close to becoming a LTPlatinum member, WITH PP status as well (BTW, PP trumps LTPlatinum from what I have been told).

Anyway, food for thought and let the discussion begin. Andrew, reading this?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Kahuna,

Well put and really an interesting possibility.

We will see if it works. 

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

Thanks for the info.  Appreciate your clarifying some things that have been rather confusing.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...