3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 4, 2009 11:17 AM by laslondon RSS

Barcelona Airport Marriott in July

kunene Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I am going to be staying at this Marriott (Airport in Barcelona, Spain) in July and wanted to know if anyone knows how much taxis, public bus, and trains cost to get downtown.  Also, how long do each of these modes of transportation take to reach downtown?  Are there any beaches worth going to?  Any other advice on "can't miss" places/events would be appreciated.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Barcelona Airport Marriott in July
    moishad Silver
    If I read the description correctly - I believe the hotel has a shuttle that can take you downtown for $6.  I am staying there in October.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

markkelly Gold

My wife and I was just in Barcelona this past May 2009. The Rennissance is great, hands down. There are 2 shuttles: one is free to Plaza Espanola, and the other costs 6euro/person to Las Ramblas.The concierge is great, especially Enrique Blanco.

A taxi is 15-20euro one way for 2 people time dependent. 

The best advice is to walk: Las Ramblas, Barri Gotic, Port Vell, Barceloneta. Go see anything Gaudi and Miro. Go to the Olympic area and walk the parks. There is a Picasso Museum, but I didn't think it was all that great compared to works in other museums.

Go to the beach in Barceloneta. There is a long walk of seafood restaurants; the third one down we thought was the best. Also there is an Ice Bar by the beach area; 15euro cover, but it is quite unique.

Hope this helps!

laslondon Platinum
    I'll be staying there for 4 nights in late July. Do they have a car rental desk at the hotel?. If so, which company is it?. I am thinking of renting a car for a day or two to go out of town.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...