4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 28, 2009 3:48 AM by cperez RSS

Marriott Budapest (Hungary)

platinumstar Platinum 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I'm currently in the executive lounge at the Marriott Budapest and the whole hotel has finished its amazing makeover from a 1970's smoked glass horror to complete luxury and modern decor.

The exec lounge is extremely large, is on the 9th floor and has an amazing roof terrace overlooking the river Danube with spectacular views. It is the best lounge I've ever been in. The staff are really friendly and the food was good. Its modern, comfortable and spacious.

The hotel lobby, bar and restaurant are beautiful. There is a large outdoor terrace at ground level where you can have drinks on large sofas and relax or have lunch or dinner outside overlooking the river (obviously a better bet in the Summer!). The food is very good at their restaurant called Peppers. The bedrooms are very tastefully decorated and again overlook the river. The whole hotel has a contempory feel to it. I had a beautiful room with its own large balcony overlooking the river Danube.

There is a really great gym and even this overlooks the river! The spa is beautiful, so modern and trendy, the locker rooms are great, and there is a mixed sauna and steam room located in a quiet area with lounge beds in dimmed lighting and also a fantastic jacuzzi with changing coloured lighting in the tub. Its just amazing!

This hotel is one of the best managed Marriotts I have ever stayed in. GO STAY THERE and its not an expensive city either. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Budapest (Hungary)
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Platinumstar

Thanks for the recommendation. We're partial to overlooking the water and overlooking the Danube sounds like a real treat.  Great review!  If you can, send us a postcard (include pictures)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

Isn't Budapest a wonderful place?  Please make sure you stop by the Grand Market Hall to pick up some souveniers... Hungarian paprika and some of those lovely embroidered muffin/roll holders!   It is 3 floors of total fun and food!  It's where the locals do their food shopping and a cheap, good place for lunch. 

A great place to eat dinner is Sorforras at Vaci utca 15. 

If you have time, take the train to the charming town of Szentendre as a day trip and the wine bar there has a wonderful wine cellar in the basement.

Here are a few of my photos... Parliment from Fisherman's Bastion, Fisherman's Bastion, the view of Buda, the Castle and the Chain Bridge from my Marriott balcony, and, of course, paprika in every form!

Enjoy your trip!

mariana Silver

Your enthusiasm for the hotel is infectious.  I had been thinking of going to Budapest, and your review has been very helpful.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review.

cperez Silver

The executive lounge in Budapest Marriott has an excellent and unobstructed view of Buda and the Danube River.  The lounge is well stocked and has a full staff in the evening.  Hot Breakfast buffet was downstairs in Peppers' Restaurant.  Excellent selection.  Budapest is an awesome place to explore. It's definitely one of the most underrated European cities.

My husband and I are gym rats.  So naturally, we fell in love with their fitness center which also overlooks the Danube River.  Budapest should definitely be in one of your travel destination list.

I would highly recommend Budapest Marriott to all of my friends and families.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...