2 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2009 1:11 AM by nuhusker RSS

DO NOT BUY POINTS ON MARRIOTT.COM

jonsel09 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Fellow Marriott Travelers,

When you log into your Marriott rewards account there is an option under teh Use Marriott Rewards Points called "Buy, Transfer or Convert Points" - please do not purchase any points here as they take a long time to post and they do not even provide you with a receipt.

I never got my receipt which I needed for business, I had to call the Elite line and then I was transferred to another line where I was told that it was the "redemption department" that I ultimately had to speak to.   The agent there said that it was not their responsibility and that I had to call points.com to get my receipt . . .

I was outraged at this point - I bought a Marriott product, at a Marriott storefront - but Marriott could not provide a receipt for me!!!!

I asked for the supervisor and instead of giving me a resolution - he just wanted to argue with me as to why I was wrong.

Mr. Marriott - your corporation is not making me very happy - I am a loyal customer and it seems that everytime I need something simple I get the door slammed on me.

I enjoy the finer things in life and that is why I choose your hotel chain over any other - however I find myself in petty arguments with your staff consistently over issues that could be resolved with a little effort.

Certainly, I hope this does not reflect the future of Marriott.

Best Regards,

Jonathan F. Parrish (Bittersweet, yet loyal Marriott Customer)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: DO NOT BUY POINTS ON MARRIOTT.COM
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Jonathan

Consider sending an e-mail to Customer.Care@marriott.com describing this highly dissatisfactory experience using marriott.com

Customer.care will e-mail you back with a tracking # and a note indicating resolution within 3 - 5 days. 

Hope that helps.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: DO NOT BUY POINTS ON MARRIOTT.COM
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
    Agree with TJC.  It's my experience that Marriott Customer Care takes our issues seriously.  Give them a shot.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...