3 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2009 1:06 PM by superchief1 RSS

Marriott Vacation Points Exchange Program

tjcnewyork Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

MVCI Insiders

In November 2008, Marriott Vacation Club conducted a survey* about a new initiative, Vacation Points Exchange Program. Selected MVCI owners received an invitation to participate in the survey via e-mail which pointed to an online survey tool. Do any MVCI Insiders recall receiving this survey?

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp50/TOWNHOUSEMEDIA/Marriotttradingsystemsurvey0.jpg

Source

• Re: Marriott Vacation Points Exchange Program
    superchief1 Platinum
    I own five MVC weeks and I never received a survey. On the TUG forum, several also mentioned that you would have to 'buy in' to the program. While I would expect to pay for an exchange to another MVC resort, I don't understand how Marriott would expect us to pay for the right to do so.  

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

Greetings Superchief,

The e-mail and the survey was legit and was conducted by a 3rd party, HCD Research.  As a best practice, I opt-out from being contacted by 3rd parties.

According to MVCI Owner Services (OS), MVCI already has an internal exchange program called, the Florida Club. For a small fee, OS facilitates internal exchanges for owners of 5 participating resorts in Florida including Grande Vista, Beachplace Towers, Legends Edge, Ocean Pointe and Doral.  For more about the Florida Club visit Marriott Vacation Club Learning Center and select Detailed How To Use Guide

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp50/TOWNHOUSEMEDIA/FloridaClub.jpg

While very successful and highly regarded by the owners of the 5 resorts, Florida state statute (and others probably) would require MVCI to develop a reservation system that provides 'demand balancing' and thereby protect usage for deeded owners.  I suspect the cost of doing so is quite prohibitive.  

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

superchief1 Platinum

Since I own one weak at Ocean Pointe, I am actually a member of the Florida club for an annual fee of $32. This allows me to directly reserve my week at any of the Florida member properties during the appropriate season. I purchased a silver week at Ocean Pointe since it includes the dates I usually like to travel to the area (May, Sept-Dec20), including Memorial Day and Thanksgiving. However, I later learned that two of the other properties in the Florida club have no siver weeks, and the others are at times I am not interested in . There currently is no option to exchange to weeks outside your season without trading throgh Interval. I think this is a good program, but I would like to be able to trade into other seasons. I would currently opt out if I could, since I am not interested in the silver weeks at other properties.

Ocean Pointe is a great resort, and the weather in the area is pretty good throughout the year. Singer Island is close to West Palm Beach and Jupiter, but not nearly as crowded. The beach is seldom crowded.  Since the Gulf Stream is at its closest point to the US shore, deep sea fishing is excellent and the water is very clear. I have observed people catching a wide variety of fish off the sea wall next to the property. Several excellent restaurants are within a 15 minute drive. This is our second favorite MVC resort (Ko Olina  is the first).

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...