5 Replies Latest reply: May 17, 2009 1:07 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Washington DC June 2nd-10th, ideas ?

volunteerstate Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Any recommendations on Marriott properties, rental car vs. public transportation/cabs and sightseeing ?

Typically prefer Residence Inns but have stayed a just about every type of Marriott property so what's best fit for comfort, amenities(pool) and convenience to capital tourist sights ?

I'm taking a friend to DC for the 1st time in June(I spent alot of time their in my college years) and since it's been a couple decades so I'd appreciate your recommendations . . .

• Re: Washington DC June 2nd-10th, ideas ?
    tjcnewyork Platinum

My 2 favorites include:

Have a fun trip!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

davidash Platinum

June can be quit hot in DC and also very crowd with other tourists. As a result, the prices for the DC hotels goes up. I would do either:

1) Stay in Crystal City. The Crystal City Marriott (there are 2 FS next door to each other) is a block away from the Metro and is really convienent. There are lots of great restaurants with a couple of blocks of the hotel. No car is needed as the metro goes all over the city.

2) Stay out of the city like in Fairfax. There is a nice FS there and a CY as well. Fairfax has tons of restuarants and it is a great area. The prices in Fairfax should be less than DC and even with a rental car you should save some money. Also the 20-30 minute ride into DC should not be a problem on the weekends. If you wish, the hotel will take you to the Metro station but I would do the rental car as it could be a hassle with the shuttle and Metro (times).

Have fun!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
    If you want to avoid the crowds driving stay at the Crystal Gateway Marriott on Jefferson Davis Highway in Crystal City (Arlington) VA. The subway runs directly under the building and its a nice hotel as well.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
    I've made my pitch here before for the Fairview Park, VA Marriott. Very nice full-service Marriott, friendly staff,  newly remodeled, decent c-lounge, and a short 15 min drive from capitol hill.  Check out the AAA rate of $69 from Thurs thru Sunday.  That's a deal maker.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Everbody is right, there are great choices in DC!

However, for us, especially for a first timer, nothing is like the JW!

Walk to The Smith., White House, Capital to Lincoln Mem. and all in between, (We are walkets!)

Likewise, to have a snack/drink and share history at Old Ebbits Grill, The Occidental Grill, and the top of the Hotel Washington is too cool!

Try to get a room facing the South, You will see it all out your window!

Good luck! 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...