4 Replies Latest reply: May 14, 2009 1:29 PM by nuhusker RSS

Diminishing Serivce - NO USA TODAY

nolife Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

OK, is it me or are some of you also getting frustrated with the decreasing lelve of service/ammenities that made Marriott a brand of quailty service?  I undersatand the economy is a challenge but services continue to be removed.  Change to a poor quality, single cup coffee brewers are terrible.  No more shower caps, really, can it be that great of a cost saver!!!

I can continiue but now NO USA DELIVERIES TO YOUR DOOR!!!!  Come in Marrriott, are you just trying to lose your loyal guests?  How much more can you chaepen the Marriott brand before folks like myself decide it's time to move on!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Diminishing Serivce - NO USA TODAY
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
    The lack of the paper does not bother me since I rarely read it and found it there when I got back each evening to be thrown away.  Maybe a better deal would be free Internet to be able to read the papers online in the room?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
    I understand that many today are "too busy" to read the newspaper and would just as soon not have to step over it in the morning.  Me, however, I refuse to stay at any Marriott that does not deliver the USA Today to my door.  As I have posted before, I don't need the double nights or the roll over nights.  I'll make my 75 plus more every year to keep Platinum and these program dilute the "eliteness" and add to already crowded c-lounges.  If they don't think my business is worth the price of a daily newspaper...well you get the point...Stop the paper at the door and I'll jet.

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews
    I have to say that the Courtyard in Somerset, NJ is fantastic about newspapers.  They still have USA today (which I can do without) but they stopped receiving the local paper which I enjoyed reading to learn about things to do in the area... the monthly Slavic dinner at the local church,  the Meet the Chefs of Somerville nights, wine tastings, etc.  Ruby Tuesday's gets very boring night after night!  After mentioning that I liked and missed the local paper, the Asst. GM or the GM would go out of their way every morning to stop and buy the local paper for me and slip it under my door!  That's customer service!!!

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

"After mentioning that I liked and missed the local paper, the Asst. GM or the GM would go out of their way every morning to stop and buy the local paper for me and slip it under my door!  That's customer service!!!"

Now that's the kind of service that's appreciated and I'm glad you told us about it.  I do like the newspaper under my door and I'd go out of my way to stay at the CY in Somerset.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...